Dr. Evil, is that you?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by donnieb, Jul 25, 2002.

1. donnieb macrumors newbie

I'm mad as hell about Apple wanting to charge $99 a year for their E-mail service after originally promoting it as free. Even the U.S. Post Office doesn't charge $99 a year and those guys deliver to your doorstep. Jeez!

You'd think Apple was trying to take a page from Microsuck's evil empire ways. "Evil, evil, evil! I think I'll call him Mini-Me..."

2. szark macrumors 68030

szark

Depends on how many e-mails/letters you send.

If you send 268 e-mails per year (total), and sent 268 letters instead, then it's the same cost:

268 x $0.37 = $99.16

If you send one e-mail/letter per day:

365 x $0.37 = $135.05

So, maybe $99/year isn't that bad a deal... :D

(Can you tell I'm reeeeeeeeeeally bored... :rolleyes: )

3. ponyboy macrumors regular

Re: Dr. Evil, is that you?

I am so sick of this little rant on apple but even more sick of the new threads that keep popping up on it will a moderator please refile this post in the trash or at least in the official whine thread.

And by the way your point is stupid, times all the emails you send in a year by 37 cents and see if it comes out under a hundred bucks and every email I get makes it past my doorstep into my lap(top)

By the way welcome to MR

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Re: Re: Dr. Evil, is that you?

You think a moderator wants to bother with these things? It's not worth the effort; it'll die down eventually.

And as for the Post Office comment, I'm sure postage will reach $99 some day. :D

5. madamimadam macrumors 65816

madamimadam

And your postie won't stop you getting nasty viruses or make copies of your furnature in case it breaks.
    ;)