Dragged the "Apple - Mac OS X" off the dock. How to replace?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BurtonCCC, May 13, 2006.

1. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I know how to change icons and everything, but I just can't find the original icon for this anywhere. It's a pretty useless icon, but my dock looks empty without it.

Daniel.

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Could you be talking about the Link Icon which is on the dock when you first started OS X?

If so all you need to do is go the the website and in the address bar you can drag the URL (by the Icon on the left) into the dock

3. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

You need to use Safari or Camino to do it as well.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You can also spotlight the file com.apple.dock.plist and move it to the desktop, then do "killall Dock" from the terminal, to restore the Dock to the original configuration.

5. emaja macrumors 68000

That is an awful lot of work for adding a shortcut to the dock.

No need to use Terminal for a simple drag and drop job. Do it and you are done.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Not for adding a shortcut. If someone wanted, for some reason, to restore their Dock to the original configuration. Not that I see why anyone would want to do that. :p But then again, I don't see why anyone would miss that icon either, and the OP was talking about wanting the dock to look like it did in the beginning...just adding a piece of info.

7. ManchesterTrix macrumors 6502

You can just hold down option, click on the finder in the dock and select Relaunch instead of killall in the terminal.