draggin' and droppin'

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by expergo, Feb 7, 2005.

1. expergo macrumors regular

hey...i'm having a small problem with drag and drop.

if i want to drag a file into a folder i can't do it unless the folder is viewable. ie...when i'm in column view...or any view....if the folder is tooo far down the list.. (eg..i have a 100 files and a folder in the middle)...then i can't scroll to that folder to drag it in there cause you can't drag and scroll at hte same time. so is there a way around this? i know i can open the folder in another window and the ndrag it there, but it seems kinda silly ot do that all the time.

2. expergo thread starter macrumors regular

nevermind. i'm posting too much with questions that i'm answering myself. :( sorry.

i find i have to drag the file to the bottom of hte scroll..hten move left or rigth, to scroll.

3. freiheit macrumors 6502a

Yeah, but it's not exactly what I'd call a smooth operation. Sometimes for me the folder will start to scroll when I just reach the bottom (or top) edge of what's current displayed, and other times it seems I have to drag down and then back up and then down again to make it scroll down. Some way to be clicking and dragging while using my scroll wheel to scroll would be great. If anyone knows a tool to enable this, please let me know.