Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LeoNobilis

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2006
The Netherlands
Now, compare this:

"I'm an abominable vendor of my properties. For selling the self is not in my genes: all my ancestors did was buying, for they never had a need to do a thing to prove themselves. Then Communism, then Democracy followed, and the blue of my blood turned out my curse, not my blessing."

to this:

"I am an abominable thing to help my poker chips for sending itself is most my teams all my ancestors because buying for they never had to meet to discuss things to prove themselves than communism and democracy wanted to interview my top 10 doubts Mike says no to Mike missing"

Where's the common ground between my statement and "its transcription"?

This is rubbish, upon my word!

cdinca

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Now, compare this:

"I'm an abominable vendor of my properties. For selling the self is not in my genes: all my ancestors did was buying, for they never had a need to do a thing to prove themselves. Then Communism, then Democracy followed, and the blue of my blood turned out my curse, not my blessing."

to this:

"I am an abominable thing to help my poker chips for sending itself is most my teams all my ancestors because buying for they never had to meet to discuss things to prove themselves than communism and democracy wanted to interview my top 10 doubts Mike says no to Mike missing"

Thank you for these valuable real-world tests. Some people may not appreciate them, but I certainly do!

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Now, compare this:

to this:

Dragon test in USA:

to this:

"I am an abominable vendor of my properties. For selling the best self is not in my jeans: all my ancestors did was buying, for they never had a need to do a thing to prove themselves. Then, not communism, then democracy, followed, and the blue of my blood turned out my curse, not my blessing."

Disregarding a few artifacts, excessive punctuation (likely due to pauses in my speech) and the contextual misspelling of the word "genes," my results appear to be acceptable.

It is obviously more accurate dealing with a more colloquial and less sophisticated or stylized vernacular.

I remain convinced that the database, to which your content is being sent to for transcription, is different from ours.

LeoNobilis

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2006
The Netherlands
Perhaps transcriptions are being farmed to a less capable data processing center, overseas. I've been getting ~97% accuracy since day one, and have been transferring pages of texts to documents via Pastebot.

It's been remarkably accurate, even though I make little effort to articulate. Spoken: "A quarter to two" is transcribed as "1:45," and punctuations are best literally stated: comma, period, exclamation point.

I'm sorry to hear that it's been less than stellar for you - hopefully, things will improve once it's officially released overseas.

By the way, this post was dictated via Dragon.

Thank you, DMann.

It is utterly incomprehensible to me that you (and some others) obtain results of such accuracy! A veritable mistery!

LeoNobilis

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2006
The Netherlands
Do you know any Dutch people? I assume not.

There are several in my group at work, and their English is far better than the typical American's - in both pronounciation and grammar. Only one has the slightest accent - and she sounds like an east-coaster instead of a midwesterner.

;)

Ethnmad

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2010
US Ashley,Illinois
that there is one cool thing, but whats cool to many is a nightmare to those transcriptionist they would lose their jobs. One thing I would like to point out yes this is a cool software but whats this its only available in US awhh.... to bad.:p

rockenrolla828

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2013
Hello people, i've read about your discussion and i have to say that it's really interesting. I suggest you to check out this site and try out their dictation and transcription software it's really life saving and easy to use. I recommed you to try it as you definately won't regret it. Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.