Dragon Riddle...

Discussion in 'Community' started by krossfyter, Feb 8, 2003.

1. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

You are dead. After death you end up walking down the path and it splits into a Y. One route leads to Heaven while the other leads to Hell. You have no idea which one. Luckily there is a 2 headed dragon at the Y. One of the heads tho, always lies.. the other always tells the truth. There is no way to tell which one is which but... you are allowed one question to ask one of the heads to help determine the correct road to Heaven. What do you ask?

(there is a correct answer)

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I believe you would ask, "If I asked the other dragon to put me in heaven, which road would he tell me to take?"

Right.... wrong??

3. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

How about "how many roads does this one split into?" If he says 2, then you know he's telling the truth. If he says anything but two, then he's lying. Does this work?

EDIT: just realized that this doesnt help you determine which road leads to heaven, just which one is telling the truth. whoops. :)

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

This is an old riddle, I've seen it in many forms. Basically you ask one dragon, doesn't matter which one what would your other head say is the road to heaven. The truthful one would say the wrong one and the liar would say the wrong one, so you pick the opposite and there you go.....

D

5. howard macrumors 68020

howard

dude! you guys ever see the labyrinth? they have this riddle in it...awesome movie!!!

6. void macrumors 6502

Yeah what he said...

7. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Judging by that post I would have said you were on post 450-490, guess not. These youngin's start spamming early ;) :p

8. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

I love that film

Is it just me or is Labyrinth on the whole more consistent and believable than the effects of TLOTRings using computers like the cave troll.