Drawing a cartoon a day

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by mrgreen4242, Dec 7, 2006.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I've embarked on this little project for December where I, someone who CANNOT draw and has never written a comic in my life, am writing a comic strip/panel a day. My co-worker roped me into doing it with him, but it's been really fun so far.

I figured there's a few real artists/cartoonist on this site, and probably so webcomic fans too. So, I thought I'd share my work so far with you folks, and maybe get you interested enough to bookmark/subscribe to the rss and keep reading them the rest of the month. ;)

It gives me a little motivation to check my unique visitor count and page views each day to know that there are actually people what I'm working on, and coming back to check the updates. I'm well past the point where it's mostly "strangers" looking (that is, not just my friends and family). In any case, here's the link, feel free to leave comments (there or here).

http://www.infojunkie.net

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

You know, I'm thinking I might follow your example and try something like this. I had a political cartoon back in the day, and I miss drawing poorly and adding terrible commentary, so why the heck not!

Thanks for the inspiration!

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I like your day 5 comic alot lol, it's hilarious!

5. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

YES! Someone else who likes my bad math joke! Recently, the Batman one got lots of positive comments (word of mouth, not posted on the site) and today's is my personal favorite.

I was thinking about offering a couple of these on shirts through Cafepress. Probably the pi joke and today's. Anyone think these would sell at all?

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Anything sells on Cafepress. :D

7. treysmay macrumors regular

treysmay

is you last name mcfall or am I reading that wrong?