Draytek vigor 120 double NAT problem?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Wongers1, Sep 13, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi,

I have a problem when connecting a airport extreme to a Draytek Vigor 120 adsl modem. Im getting double NAT problem. I have set one up before with no problems, but for some reason I can't work out whats wrong here.

The BT ADSL settings im using are:

VPI: 0
    VCI: 38
    Protocol: PPPoE
    Encapulation: VC MUX

Should the protocol be PPPoA?

I want the airport extreme to handle the DHCP and NAT.

So my question is how do you turn off NAT on the Draytek Vigor 120?

Thanks

2. macrumors newbie

I didn't know the vigor did nat?

I thought it was just a PPoA-PPoE bridge. There's no other device on your network is there?

I set mine up just by plugging it in, resetting it and the time capsule and then letting the PPoE details appear on the time capsule. A friends got one too and had the same experience. One I set mine up it did take a while for all the stuff from bt to appear. I think I just put the user name/ password in and voila.

I note you've set one up before, so you know what you're doing. I can only suggest a hard reset on both devices, everything else off and patience. I guess you've done that already though. Unfortunately I can't offer any other advice.

It's the best bridge I've used, but it is expensive. I guess at that price they should have reasonable aftersales service and they do market it for the apple.