Dream app for the iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by buymeaniphone, Feb 22, 2007.

1. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

If you had some say in what apps they developed for the iPhone what would you want them to make. I'm thinking either iTunes with internet radio (the first iPod with radio!) or an app that would allow you to watch TV, hmm do you think sling box will work with the iPhone?

2. Cepe Indicum macrumors regular

3. MP4-22 macrumors member

4. andysc macrumors regular

andysc

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

6. macguysoft macrumors member

I think it would be nice to have the iPhone be able to have voice commands like that of Leopard. What would be even better if it listened to your voice and wrote down the words!

7. uscmeche macrumors newbie

8. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

I dunno. Not sure if I want my phone to be calling up the Royal Bank of Scotland every time I shout "f*cking c*nts" about something.

9. bloodycape macrumors 65816

simple: morphgear but with the ability to emulate with OS 7, 8, and 9.

10. SRSound macrumors 6502

navigation and the office suite (or just a watered down version of Word)

11. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

12. macguysoft macrumors member

Good thing that Apple is a lot better in voice-commands that other cell-phone companies. Seriously, it won't do that...

13. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

a way to record notes (audio or written). An office-suite. And a blogging client like Ecto.

14. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

An Apple slingbox-type solution. Unfortunately it would require 3G support :(

Other things I'd like to see are a second camera with Video iChat (also 3G required), GPS would be neat but I can live without it.

I'd like to see a checkbook program, Money or Quicken or an Apple solution, even a third-party solution.

15. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

I'd like to see an ssh client. Before my Palm Tungsten C went bad on me, I had TuSSH on it and liked being able to get a command line over the WiFi connection.

16. confirmed macrumors regular

confirmed

ebook/news reader

i'm really hoping we'll see ebooks sold on iTunes, to be synced with the iPhone. has the perfect screen for it and touch controls are great for an ebook. iTunes could really be the store which breaks ebooks out of it's niche.

in addition, i'd like to see newspaper/magazine subscribtions purchasable on iTunes. pay $99/year or so for the New York Times. ($99 may seem like a lot, but much cheaper than subscribing to the actual paper, about $500/year) downloads into iTunes in the early AM, sync it to your iPod. includes the full paper, with the content customized to the iPhone screen, similar to Times Reader, software currently only available for windows users which customizes the content for your screen. give me the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and The Economist and i will be a very happy man. sure, you can get all this through the web browser, but it's not as customized for the iPhone screen and not available without a data connection. downloading the full paper would be faster and readable in a subway. updates, of course, could be downloaded throughout the day.

please, apple.. give me my offline content for the iphone!

17. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

I laugh at the people who mention console emulators.

They would go along perfectly with the iPhone's lack of buttons.

18. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

YES. Specifically Skype for me please.

19. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ha Ha that made me laugh whilst everyone else is still deadly serious!

thanks

20. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Too many ppl expect this iPhone to be a minimi mac, but still

dream app?

Heroes 2, like the one for pocket pc. if possible,

21. penthang macrumors newbie

Most used app on my Palm Pilot--->

An office suite. Dataviz has for some time had Documents To Go and Smart Lists To Go. Apple with the next release of iWork could produce a version for iPhone. As for a simple editable relational database...seems to me apple could do a version of Filemaker that lets you actually play with database structure and entry on the go not like the lame palm version they have produced. If apple doesn't want top do this themselves I am sure Dataviz would port there apps to I phone with some help from Apple, or maybe just when there are some iPhones out there. These apps would convince me to buy an iPhone, without them I have no use for the coolest new toy on the block.