dream car

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mgargan1, Feb 26, 2004.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

What's your dream car? Mine would either be a 2004 Aston Martin V12 Vanquish; which, by the way, i was in love with before it became super popular cause Bond drove it... or it would be the '03-'04 Viper... i like the new styling...

one more thing... '67 Shelby Mustang is a kick ass car too... go elenor!

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Maybe i lead a simple life, but my Subaru Baja Sport is my dream car, and I own one!

4. Sparky's macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

One that works, heater in the winter, airconditioning ion the summer, and doesn't cost your first born to insure.

Or maybe a McLaren or Vector, or ....

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

6. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

KC9AIC

I'd like any car right now, as I don't have one. If I could have any car, I might get a Ford F-350 Harley-Davidson Truck, or an F-150 Lightning.

7. Opteron macrumors 6502

Sigma, Scorpion.
    2.6L, with Triple-Webbr side draft Carbies.
    16" mags
    Extractors, high-lift cam, with Ti valve springs.

however back in relaity.
    Dream car ould have to be the Celica ST-185 GT4, as driven in the WRC. Save that, thisyears WRC Citron.

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I am a huge Aston Martin fan, so probably a Vanquish or DB9.

9. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    My dream car doesn't exist. I want a huge SUV, with hydrolics that can life you up for off-road, or drop you down when you don't want to be "that jerk behind me in the big ass suv. It would have to be luxurious and high-tech at the same time. It would need lots of power without the noise, emissions, and need of gasoline. It would need Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, or something like that written on it just so I could say I have one! It would need somewhat radical styling, but as far out there as the Pontica Aztec. I love the Infinity FX and the Lexus RX330, maybe styling somewhere between those two. Maybe third-row seating. Put the kids back there, and the second row acts as a buffer zone so you don't have to hear them looking for things to fight about!:D

The Infintity and Lexus that I mention earlier are my favorite SUVs right now. I also fell in love with the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish, and I don't believe I've ever seen a Bond movie.

10. iGav macrumors G3

wet dream car: Ferrari 250 GTO :D

More attainable car... Audi Avant RS6, or an Audi Allroad.

11. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

Wow, the Lexus marketing really has you fooled.

While I'm pretty happy with my grand cherokee... the next car I buy will probably be a Saab 93 or an Audi TT Quattro (with the baseball glove leather interior). :)

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am always disappointed that the American market does see cars like the Audi A2 and A3, and the M-B A class cars.

13. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Ferrari Testarossa Cabrio, or a 512 TR

edit: (to fit the category) with a 17" PB somewhere inside. :D

14. cubist macrumors 68020

The Ford GT is beautiful (altho I liked the styling on the GT90 better), but a little impractical. After all, a dream car is the setting for dream occasions in one's life, is it not? Like the picnic with a loved one at a waterfall...

I think we need something more like a Honda Element or PT Cruiser, not a big tall tippy SUV but with some cargo capability, plenty of room, nice comfy seats, good sound. It has to be reliable.

15. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

that new mercedes mclaren slk or whatever it is with the gull wing doors is pretty neat. car nuts- don't go ape$hit on me cause i don't know what it's called ;) i just like how it looks... :D

16. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I...can't...choose!! So many wonderful choices. I guess I'd have to get myself a Jay Leno-esque garage filled with my favs! I wouldn't discriminate! I would put my Ferrari F40 next to my Subaru WRX, next to my Alfa Romeo Gulietta Spider, next to my '69 Camaro Z28, next to my new Shelby Cobra, next to.... well you get the idea! :) :cool: :D ;)

17. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Wow! Thw Saab and Audi marketing really has you fooled! :D

18. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

You see... my comment was about you comparing a $65,000 Toyota to a Mercedes.... your comment was... wait, what was your comment about? :)

The only Lexus I'd drive is the SC.. and at $63,000 - it would have to be due to the bordem that only a billionaire knows.

19. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I think Detroit has you both fooled. Do we really ned the H1, H2, Escalde, Expedition, and any countless others that guzzle gas and wear down our roads faster?

Maybe Europe has the right idea about our wastefulness.....

20. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i can get toyotas and lexus' for around 20% off due to an employee there. that puts a $63,000 car in my realm of possibility, plus i can sell it in two years for a profit.

also lexus is a nice car brand. i have driven most luxury car brands, and by no means does a lexus not feel as high quality. i have driven every lexus model, and the es is the only one i do not think seems to compare well to a mb. they do, definitely, have a different flavor of luxury, but it is by no means inherently worse.

21. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

don't waste your time with toyotas. get a nice NSX with VTEC then come talk to me

tyler