Dreameaver on Powerbook?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by triton, Feb 3, 2005.

1. triton macrumors regular

Hi,

How does dreamweaver run on a powerbook. I was thinking about purchasing a 15 inch powerbook, and might have to do some web design now and then. Can anyone tell me their experience in doing this. Is the 15 inch too small? Should I go up to the 17 inch to do that kind of work? :confused:

2. maya macrumors 68040

maya

More screen real-estate the better. :)

I know I would not mind a 17" screen. :)

3. raptorhigh macrumors member

the 15 is fine, it also doesn't hurt to have a second monitor.

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I use Dreamweaver on my 15" Powerbook, and it works great. No complaints whatsoever.

Lee Tom

5. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I regularly use Dreamweaver on a 12" iBook. It's fine. 15" should be great.

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I use Dreamweaver on my 1.33 GHz 12" Powerbook and it works great. More screen real estate is always nice, and I think the 15" would be great for webdesign.

7. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I use Dreamweaver on my 17" PB, but have never thought that the size was necessary for that particular program. I´m sure you´ll do fine on a 15".

The most important reasons for me for having 17", is that I do a lot of work with two programs or screens open and showing at the same time (combining text documents, translating etc), and because I watch films on my PB. Maybe the size makes a difference for people doing serious graphics work, which I don´t do, but I´ve never encountered a program where I felt the extra real estate was necessary - it´s just really nice. :D

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Any Powerbook or iBook will run Dreamweaver fine, just make sure you have enough RAM (the more RAM the better but at least 512MB). As for screensize, a 12" is workable but obviously the bigger the screen the better.

I use Dreamweaver on my PB 12" all the time and it's fine, even when using FireWorks etc at the same time. It really isn't that big a deal and I just plug the 'ol PB into another monitor when I'm really craving some more screen space.

9. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I use it a lot on my 15" Powerbook, and it works pretty well (even on my old TiBook - just add lots of memory) . I would recommend the 15", as it has the ideal balance between screen size and portability. The 17" is too large for my taste. Then again, if it'll be mostly a desktop replacement, you should go for the 17".

10. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I use Dreamweaver extensively on my 15 inch PowerBook. At times I have considered buying a second larger monitor for when I am at my desk, but the 15 inch is big enough that I have never been so inspired as to actually go through with those plans.

11. gost8go macrumors member

I learned Dreamweaver on my 17" and got everything out of it I wanted. That particular app makes my computer buzz though. Anyone else get a slight buzzing sound?

12. efoto macrumors 68030

I plan to use Dreamweaver and the entire Studio MX 2004 set on a 12" PB when on the road, but I have the ease of mind knowing I have a 20"LCD and 21"CRT to hook up to when I want to for more space.

There is a huge debate between the size of the books, but for me with this being my first Mac ordered ever I had to go with the 12 due to affordability. The price difference for a larger screen was too much for me to justify.