Dreamweaver 5.5 crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gab1982, Apr 17, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2010
    Hi, I am having problems in Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5, as a designer/developer for websites I use the find and replace loads and its just common knowledge for me to know the shortcut but when I do this and the box comes up to do the find and replace after a few seconds dreamweaver crashes and I can't figure out why or what it is.

Unfortunately I cannot fit the entire error on here but have attached it to this post.

Any help would be appreciated as this is a importance peace of functionality for me.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68020

Feb 28, 2011
    No offense, I'm not opening an unknown .DOC file off the internet, but otherwise this question is probably best in the Adobe forums, not MacRumors.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 20, 2010
    I posted here because I got a good response last time I posted here, I never get a great response from the companies own forums, if the creators of macrumors had thought they won't help people with software issues then this sub forum wouldn't exist in which I posted and don't go judging people, I couldn't put up a text file because it wouldn't allow me too.

I came here asking a genuine question expecting a professional answer.

So would someone be kind enough to look at it and let me know as its annoying.
  4. macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2008
    Try creating a PDF of your error report and upload that

I saw your original post on Adobe's forums, and, as usual, their staff don't bother to reply. As far as the other poster here goes, why don't you post a PDF of the error report and maybe he'll be brave enough to look at it.
  5. macrumors 68020

Feb 28, 2011
    As a Lead Systems Engineer my professional answer is that no one should open an unknown DOC file from the internet. That was a polite answer I supplied, sorry if it wasn't the one you wanted to hear.