Dreamweaver CS4 Scrolling text area in page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Cub, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Cub
    macrumors member

Hi all
    I am constructing a Web page in Dreamweaver CS4 and I have placed the banner and buttons on the side. How does one insert a scrolling text area in the centre of the page? For a noob like me, because when I try to do it it places one in between or under a button and not where I want it.
    Thanks again for any input. :D
    David

2. macrumors 68030

I'm assuming that you mean you just created a blank HTML page and then inserted a banner graphic and then some "buttons" without any CSS or table elements.

You will need either CSS or a Table to hold the banner and the buttons and the text area if you want to have anything other than just a stack of elements running down the left side of the page. Dreamweaver has a number of predefined templates you can play around with when you create a new page.

3. Cub
    thread starter macrumors member

Hi
    Thanks for the reply, so would I just insert a clear table and just insert the buttons banner and my scrolling text in a row?
    Thanks again for the help
    David

4. Cub
    thread starter macrumors member

Ok I created the table and inserted it akk, now how do I make table clear because I can't see it in the properties and when I go to type in the table box it goes in the centre not up the top how do I correct this?
    Thanks
    David:D

5. macrumors newbie

hi

Sorry I do not have any idea about text writing in Dreamweaver. I think you should take help from some experts to write text.