Dreamweaver Question

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by wsteineker, Jun 11, 2002.

1. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

What's up peeps? Ok, here's the deal. I'm using Dreamweaver to build a new site. Thanks to all those who recommended it, as it's RAD! I'm figuring out tables wel enough, adn I've hit a design issue that I need some help with. I'm wondering if I can design all of those pretty little mastheads that I see on the "pro" sites with Dreamweaver, or do I need Photoshop r another program? If I DO need another program, will Photshop do? I've got a jpg that has all of the colors that I need, so I'm wondering if I can use it to extract those colors and do some VERY basic line drawing and color fills. Any input would be great, adn I'll clarify further if I need to. Thanks folks!

2. Choppaface macrumors 65816

you could do simple lines and boxes by making table cells different colors, but for any graphical work other than that yes you will need something like Photoshop.

3. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Sounds like what I'm trying to do, though simple, will require more than just Dreamweaver. Now the question gets passed over to all of the Photoshop junkies. I have a jpg with all of the colors that I need. Can I extract those colors to the color palette and use them in the image. Also, can I do some pretty basic drawing in Photoshop? Nothing fancy, just a few lines, some fills, and maybe a drop shadow. Let me know. Thanks!

4. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

iDraw is a great low-end shareware drawing program. it's quite a few steps ahead of appleworks but it's no adobe program. pretty easy to use interface.

is that what you want?

5. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Sounds great if it will let me extract those colors and do baseline drop shadows. Will it? I'm sure it will let me resize a picture, but can clean it up (drop the jaggies) once I've resized? Thanks! :)

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

It sounds like Photoshop will be able to do all your work. Extracting colors, drawing basic lines and shapes can all be done within Photoshop and ImageReady.

irmongoose

7. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Money. Thanks man. Ya'll my DOGS!!!

So I can make these images in Photoshop and then import them to Dreamweaver and place my tables on top of them to create that that oh so fancy "professional look"? Thanks!

8. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

OSX includes 'Digital Color Meter' in /Applications/Utilities/

This can grab any color you need.

9. Choppaface macrumors 65816

you can even splice the image up in photoshop, output the slices as compressed jpeg/gifs and html, and then just grab the table from the html file and stick it in your page in dreamweaver

10. wsteineker thread starter macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

So sweet, so sweet. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help! One last thing. How do I make sure that the "borders" at the top and side of my new site will dynamically extend as far as they need to. I'd hate for someone to view at high resolution and see a ton of white space on the top and side. Thanks again. You folks ROCK!!!

11. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

guess it's not what you're looking for
    but it is a really cool program:D download it! now!

12. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

in dreamweaver select the table that has everything in it and change the width from just a number to a percent... instead of 500 pixels (just a random number) the table will be 100% (if you put 100% in the width area)

you can then say you want certain cells to be a certain percentage as well