Dreamweaver users required for beta(ish) test

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by artistry, Jan 15, 2003.

1. artistry macrumors regular

Hi

Is there anyone here who uses Dreamweaver and is familiar with templates?
    I've created a program that is essentially a content creation tool. It allows people without web/XML skills to create content that can be 'squirted' back into a template. Sort of a Dreamweaver Lite! It stems from my frustration at spending far too long typing rather than designing.

It's early days and I need volunteers to play around with it and give me feedback about its usefulness, ease of use, improvements etc.
    OS X, 8-9 and (if poss) Windows.

Don't get excited, it's very simple, no frills.
    You'll need to be familiar with creating template files in Dreamweaver and happy to edit files in TextEdit or BBEdit (nothing too difficult). If you actually have a site you could try it with, even better (it won't destroy it, honest!)

Please email me if you can help. I should have something to test by Sunday 19 Jan.
    Please - only serious testers, please. It is far from finished and I want more than just 'this sucks it doesn't work' ;)

Thanks

Jonathan

2. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Dreamweaver users required for beta(ish) test

count me in

m

3. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

count me in

i use templates a little, count me in.

4. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

I'll take a stab at it, too.

I've been using templates since DW3...and I don't know if you should be impressed by that or pity me for dealing with DW back then. ;)

5. janey macrumors 603

janey

No gigantic chunk of time available but i am willing to...

6. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

Have you had a look at Contribute yet? Sounds a bit like what you're talking about. Macromedia have a 30 day evaluation copy for download.

i_b_joshua

7. artistry thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah - but my version's only $15!

Actually it's not a competitor in any way to Contribute. I had the idea way back when Dreamweaver 2 came out and it's taken me that long to finish it! :D

My program is really for text-heavy sites (e-mags, catalogues etc). It will be really useful to some people, not at all useful to others.
    But it works for me.

Anyway, I'll email all thouse who responded (thanks, by the way) with the URL on Sunday. It's ready now but ironically the site I created for it stinks! :mad:

Never was any good at DIY... ;)

8. artistry thread starter macrumors regular

Beta ready

Dear all

I've emailed you all (or sent a PM) if you indicated you were able to help. Full instructions in the email.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan