Dreamweaver, will it work?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iMatt mini, Jul 27, 2005.

1. iMatt mini macrumors 6502

I bought Dreamweaver from Macromedia a few months ago, it's working great and I'm thinking about buying a Mac soon. I have a PC right now.
    I know it says I can install it twice, only one so far.
    Will I be able to install it easily on the Mac along with Windows?

2. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Probably, although its a legal grey area :) Read through the terms and conditions before you do this, that'll tell you whether you are allowed to do this or not.

If your not allowed, dont risk it. If Macromedia suspect somethings wrong then you'll end up out of pocket.

3. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

Just keep the software on the main puter you're going use it on. Are you buying a portable or a desktop Mac?

4. iMatt mini thread starter macrumors 6502

Most likely desktop, Mac Mini.
    I'm allowed two installs, legally though. I've only used one.
    They said these will either work twice on Windows or twice on Mac, not one on each. I don't see what the difference is though?
    How could they do that? Is that even possible?
    Besides, why do they care what type of machine it's on, I'm still installing it as many times as some other guy with it installed twice on windows.

5. mvc macrumors 6502a

mvc

Are you sure the disk you have will install on Mac at all? As I'm sure you realise, you can't run windows .exe files on Macs, or Apple .app files on PC's but I imagine you knew that and I am talking to myself... :)

6. iMatt mini thread starter macrumors 6502

Well when I bought it, it said something to the likes of "Will work on either Windows or Mac. 2 installs allowed. Can install only on one OS though, not both."
    I'll look at the box again though. ;)

Edit: Just took the box out from behind the garbage can.
    It says both the Windows requirements and Mac Requirements and on the top has both the Mac and Windows symbols...I can't find what I was talking about about two installs though.
    Going to check the website if my internet connection will work. :mad:

7. iMatt mini thread starter macrumors 6502

It's fine until:
    How can they do this? How will they know and what difference does it make that I don't like Windows and want to switch, they should encourage it. ;)
    They're still both my computers. :rolleyes: