Drink Beer for School

Discussion in 'Community' started by oldschool, Aug 4, 2005.

1. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

In my biology lab today we were studying kidney function through urinalysis and one of the tests was drinking a can of beer and then measuring urine output.

I was the lucky one in my group that got the beer. It's very nice to be expecting a boring old biology lab then have the lab instructor hand you an ice cold kokanee....even though an MGD would have gone down better.

2. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

mmmmmmmm.....beer

however a nice, warm 40 of OE would have went down much smoother than MGD or Kokanee...:p

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Cool in Chem we have made beer and then turned it into whiskey and other types of alcohol.

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Now I remember when we wanted to analyze our blood and someone decided it was better to see his sperm... :D

The girl next to me said loud to the class:

"Teacher, I think his high speed in the blood is not normal at all"...
    11 years ago and I still have fun...

5. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I remember being in an astronomy class my first year in college, and the instructor told us we would be watching videos during the next class, since I sat in the back corner I came armed with some brewskies. Made those videos alot more fun :D

I know it isn't the same as being able to openly drink for a project, but thought I would share as well ;)

6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

a nice surprise!

and what kind of beer is that? something local?

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

BTW, is it legal? I know my school got troubles because someone masturbated for the lab hour. :D :D

Edit: is legal to get a beer in school? even if it's just for a lab time?

8. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

yeah its a canadian beer.

Personally I don't like it at all...

9. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

who knows...they did try to get us to sign consent forms but i conveniently forgot.

the school is so disorganized i'd be surprised if they even knew it was illegal.

10. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

When I was in school, we did the same test with water, salt and caffeineated beverages.

Then we got the fun task of urinating every 10 minutes for the class people and measuring our "output."

Water and caffeine groups increased. Salt decreased.

How's that for science?

Beer would have been more fun.

11. mac 2005 macrumors 6502a

mac 2005

Ever have one of these beers?

Mmm! Some of the finest beer I've ever had the privilege to drink.

12. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

nope can't say i have...going to have to look for it...they're on the other side of the country.

13. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

that's awesome! i've sipped a "screwdriver" in class secretly but never got offered a beer from an instructor! good day! :D

best thing on the topic was when a friend of mine wanted to transfer to another school; they wouldn't let him. one day he came into class and sat next to me, proceeded to put his feet up on the table, open a Heineken and lit a cigarette. my eyes, wide and suspicious, staring at him, i ask "what are you doing?!" he replies: "getting a transfer" :D
    sure enough, when the teacher came over in a panic he stood up and blew smoke in her face and said a few choice words, he got his "transfer" (expelled) shortly after ;) he is my paradoxical hero!

14. oldschool thread starter macrumors 65816

oldschool

OH WOW! That is absolutely amazing. Your friend is a machine.

15. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i certainly don't need to read this thread since i recently gave up beer and switched to the more healthy red wine as a beverage every couple of days

and i lost ten pounds in two weeks

...but i would have re-enrolled in college just to get the chance to be the test subject who gets to drink the beer...and make the excuse...that it's all for science :)

16. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Hehe, at our school, there's a brewing contest every year :p And one of the teachers (same guy every year) 'gives up his precious time to help tasting, all in the name of science'