Drive enclouser that matches Mini, AppleTv, and AirportEx Form factor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by foltzie, Feb 5, 2007.

1. foltzie macrumors member

Just like the title queries. I have a 5.25 and a 3.5 size drive that I would like to take from my old PC and use with my new iMac.

I could of course fashion something myself, but ideally I would be able to buy something that fits the need and save myself some time. After all ease of use was the main selling point of OS X.

EDIT: I should note that this is not for a USB/FW Hard Drive, but rather a memory card reader that I find very useful.

I'm interested in possibly getting a USB/FW enclosure, but I know such things already exist.

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

There a a few cases which follow the Mac Mini etc design cues, such as the MacPower M9-DX (case only) and the LaCie mini (comes in 250 and 500GB options).

Hope that helps :)

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

4. Maynerd macrumors regular

That is a pretty cool enclosure. The USB ports on that. Is that basically some sort of USB hub built into it? Could I plug my printer, a couple of other USB external drives, etc into it as well?

5. foltzie thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the suggestions, but I need an enclosure that would allow me to access the drive like a ZIP or Floppy drive.

In this particular case its a memory card reader that fits into a 3.5" space that uses USB to connect to my current PC.

6. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Yes, that was the main reason I purchased that drive. My airport extreme just arrived on my desk five minutes ago, so I'll get it setup and report back later.

7. Maynerd macrumors regular

Please do!