Driver pulls over police officer and says "Arrest me, I'm Drunk."

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Elan0204, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Here is a link, although the full article is above.

I think this a great story, and wanted to share it with all of you at MacRumors. Isn't there some "award" given to the stupidest criminal of the year, because this guy has got to be a front runner for the "honor."

2. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

I don’t think it was stupid. I think it was a cry for help.

3. sonyrules macrumors regular

I agree, Sounds like a cry for help, but for what, they just released him.

Dos not make any sence...

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Not sure of the current standards, but a DUI used be released after booking to anyone willing to pick them up.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I can think of some more appropriate cries for help.. but maybe not if I was drunk. 4 times over the legal limit.. forgive me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like the guy was wasted!

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Ahhh nothing like Vermont. People here definitely walk to the beat of a different drummer ;)

7. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

moron...

although a million times better than all the *bigger* morons that just go drink and drive all the time with no respect for the rest of society...

8. Elan0204 thread starter macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I'm glad the guy had himself arrested before he had the chance to hurt someone, but I really doubt this was a cry for help. He was four times over the legal limit and driving on a license that had been suspended for drunk driving. While it is clear that he has a drinking problem, I think that he was just having fun with the police while drunk. He was too trashed to be thinking about getting himself help.

9. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Indeed.

What he did, is by no means, 'stupid.'

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Good for him realizing that he has a problem. May have saved a life. It 's just to bad that he couldn't have sought help from Detox Center.

11. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I'm not sure it was a cry for help - maybe he was just so drunk he didn't know what he was doing?

12. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    maybe he realized he could have gotten into an accident and seriously hurt someone...that could have been the reason he sought to be arrested

13. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

this was not a cry for help, as their is nothing they are going to do for him other than arrest him, run him through the court system, and call it a day. they could give two ****s about him, which is in essence the problem with our judicial system. they slap your wrist, but don't help you.

this guy was so ****ing wasted i bet he just wanted to joke around with the cops. as the officer was quoted, he was hilarious.