Drivers for D-Link DSL-504T no longer available

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SmokyD, Jan 23, 2007.

1. SmokyD macrumors regular

Hi, I have a D-Link DSL-504T router that does work with Mac but I don't have drivers for it. D-Link seems to have stopped providing them and I've had no luck finding them elsewhere on the net.

Would anyone have these drivers (or a link to them I may have missed)? Any help would be appreciated.

[Moderator note: threads merged]

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I don't think you need drivers for a router, they work on standard protocols. I could be mistaken though

3. SmokyD thread starter macrumors regular

dialling in

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. I actually need the drivers + software for this modem/router so I can dial in to my ISP. I also need the software so that I can configure he settings to my ISP requirements.

I'm relatively new to Mac so there may be a way to do this without the D-Link software but I'm not aware of it.

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

SmokyD ....there are no drivers for your router. None are necessary. Set your Mac to DHCP once its connected to the router and you should get an IP in the range of 10.1.1.x The router itself will have 10.1.1.1 (this could also be in the 192.0.0.x range) so to configure it, fire up Safari and surf to http://10.1.1.1 which will bring up the configuration page.

This is status quo for pretty much every home router/firewall/WAP out there.

5. SmokyD thread starter macrumors regular

thanks

Hi, thanks for the setup info. Its been so long since I used this puppy that I forgot abot configuring it through the browser, which worked fine after I factory reset the modem.

Cheers.

6. Kelmon macrumors 6502a

Kelmon

Not sure if what you are looking for is here but try the following:

1. Point your FTP client to ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk
    2. Change your directory to /dsl_routers_modems/dsl_504t
    3. Download anything there that seems useful to your cause

Hope that helps since I had to do the same thing when I was searching for an instruction manual for an old D-Link product.

7. SmokyD thread starter macrumors regular

firmware

Kelmon, thanks so much for that link. It turned out that I could configure the dsl modem through a browser without drivers but this modem has been so flaky that what it really needed was updated firmware, which I found through the link you provided. So I needed up with what I needed without knowing I needed it.

8. dhc macrumors regular

Coincidence?

I got home from work yesterday to find I had no broadband connection, so I phoned my ISP who said there were no problems from their end. After restarting my DSL 504T modem (which has actually been very stable for the last 18 months), and getting nowhere, I decided to reset it to factory settings. Now, when I try to configure the modem settings through Safari, it won’t accept the (default) password, and I get a garbled screen full of text saying as much…

It occurred to me that maybe I originally set it up using IE, but now that it’s no longer supported, I only have Safari on my MBP – can any one else confirm that you can still enter the set up page using Safari?

Could this be related to the firmware issue? (I’ve download the files from the above link to try out tonight):confused:

I’m at work right now, but will be continuing my efforts tonight, so any suggestions much appreciated!

UPDATE: Downloaded firefox at work and installed it at home - this allowed me access to the set up page. Would appear that Safari is no longer compatible.?

Anyway, back on line which can only be a good thing.