Drivers for Logitech mouse/keyboard (intended for Windows) to run on Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by indigoflowAS, Nov 14, 2006.

1. indigoflowAS macrumors 6502

indigoflowAS

Hello,
    I have a Logitech keyboard/mouse combo that is intended to work w/ a Windows machine...all the extra buttons and everything. While it works when I plug it into my MBP, the non-standard buttons don't quite work and the mouse back/forward button are useless. The Logitech site only supports that white 'Made-for-Mac' keyboard/mouse combo...and those only recognize the mouse.

My question is: Are there any keyboard drivers that might work...third party alternative?

2. clairejr macrumors newbie

Have you tried installing and using the latest version of Logitech's control center software?

You can also try the Mac OS X 10.4 Mouse & Keyboard System Preferences. If the keyboard has a F lock key, you can override Logitech's software with the Mac OS X 10.4 preferences by pressing the key. Without that key, you have to first uninstall the Logitech software and then try using the built-in Mac OS X 10.4 preferences.

If you decide to switch keyboards, I wouldn't recommend Logitech, primarily because of their software. It's limited compared to Microsoft's software for keyboards. I've used a Logitech keyboard for years but the company lags behind in its software support for Macs.

Claire