Drivers for scanner

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nickyfraggle, Apr 1, 2006.

1. nickyfraggle macrumors newbie

Hello!

I wish to install my scanner onto my new mac. It is a CanoScan N650U. I am running OS X 10.4.4 on an iMac Intel.

Problem is, I've been unable to install the drivers, despite downloading what I'm told is the right software. I'm not sure if the drivers are actually being installed in the first place, but the scanner isn't being picked up at all!

I'm using the CanoScan Toolbox.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicky

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, you installed the drivers from the software disc that came with the scanner? Or from the Canon web page? Also when the scanner is on have you tried to scan something to see if it opens anything for you?

3. blodwyn macrumors 65816

If all else fails you could try Vuescan, your scanner is supported according to their supported devices list

4. nickyfraggle thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you

Hello,

Yes, I did try from the CD I was given with the scanner first. It didn't even read the CD, so I went to the Canon site and downloaded the upgrade for the software which apparently should work on my operating system.

The scanner used to start up automatically on start up, but it doesnt now, though I have tried to get it to scan documents.

Very confused!

What is Vuescan? Never heard of it but as I've only ever used a PC before this I guess thats not surprising.

Thanks for your help guys!

Nicola

5. blodwyn macrumors 65816

I haven't tried it personally, but it seems to get good reviews. It's also available for Windows and Linux. Take a look at the website, there's a trial download so you can see if it works OK for you

Good luck

6. nickyfraggle thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your help. i had a look at the link you mentioned. it does look good. was starting to think i was going to need to purchase a new scanner. wasn't majorly impressed! this at least looks like a cheaper option, and the free download sounds good.

thank you

7. teckman macrumors newbie

Vuescan drivers

Agfa scanner maker have been gone for awhile now, hopefully, this would get my Snapscan 1212U going in OS X. Thanks for the link, blodwyn.;)
    I looking forward at it to be delicious.

8. nickyfraggle thread starter macrumors newbie