Drives to ban gay adoption heat up in 16 states

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aquajet, Feb 21, 2006.

1. aquajet macrumors 68020

Link

In a country that purports to be the greatest on earth, bigotry certainly abounds.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ugh- why don't they just march us off to the gas chambers and ovens? If we're so bad, isn't that what we deserve? :rolleyes:

Seriously, if they keep following those lines of logic, that's where we'll end up. Here's the scary part- gay adoption is legal in most states. At least gay marriage was illegal to begin with in most places. Now they want to keep chipping away at us until we have absolutely no rights whatsoever.

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

No doubt.

They're working their way back up to enforceable sodomy laws.
    I think the easiest target for them will be banning gay PDAs (no, not Palms), which seems to be the largest problem in vox populi.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Let me get this right, first you want to be gay, then you want to have kids:rolleyes: :eek: maybe these folks should just find someone with the correct plumbing. Amazing

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Amazing.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I seriously hope you're joking. You do realize that gays can adopt in the vast majority of states and have been able to for decades, don't you? This isn't about asking for something we don't have. We've had this for a very long time.

Amazingly ignorant. DHM- you've seriously let me down, man.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, why would you want to? It's a deviant. :rolleyes:

But hey- maybe if it's raised by straight parents, it'll get fixed!!!!:rolleyes:

9. emw macrumors G4

emw

I have no sense of style.

Seriously, though, this stuff makes me sick. I love the "Now that we've defined what marriage is" ********. After they lock up the gays they can go after people who get divorced or commit adultery I suppose.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I wasnt being serious but its kind of funny if you think about it, its why nature gave us two sexes.:D its called reproduction but lets not a little thing like that stop us. It really is funny almost a contradiction.

11. emw macrumors G4

emw

So straight people who are unable to have their own children shouldn't be able to adopt either? Adoption isn't just about a lack of ability to reproduce - it's about the desire to care for, protect, and raise another human being.

Sure, let Angelina and (insert beau du mois here) adopt kids, but gays in a stable relationship? Bah.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah- and all those unwanted kids in orphanages out there who need families are some funny joke, huh?

13. aquajet thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm afraid not. The gay models are sent away for repair.

14. emw macrumors G4

emw

Hopefully I be done throwing up in time to attend the conference this weekend.

15. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Please tell me that's not real. :eek:

16. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Good, they've already kept us from weakening the institution of marriage which is notoriously strong. Oops, I mean weak - half of all marriages end up in divorce. And now they are going to keep us from adopting children. "Overall, then, results of research to date suggest that children of lesbian and gay parents have normal relationships with peers and that their relationships with adults of both sexes are also satisfactory... On the basis of existing research findings...fears about children of lesbians and gay men being sexually abused by adults, ostracized by peers, or isolated in single-sex lesbian or gay communities are unfounded." apa.org/pi/parent.html - The American Psychology Association. Goody.

This is bull ****. It astounds me how blatantly this opposes the ideals that have made this country so strong! How can people for a *second* think that this doesn't reek of the same bull **** that was used by slave owners. This reeks of the same bull **** that they used during the dark ages to burn homosexuals and witches at the stake. Call me dramatic, call me overly worked up, but this makes me sick.

The Human Rights Campaign. I worked for HRC for a short period of time. I suggest anyone who also thinks this is bull **** to give as big of a donation as you can, which you can do online. HRC is the nation's largest gay and lesbian civil rights group and they need all the help they can get.

e

17. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Oh, no. It's VERY real. Our world is a scary place.

18. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

I thought it was some kind of sick joke...

Why fix what ISN'T BROKEN?

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

because the Bible tells them so!

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Alright, you look here! I'm sick of your bible-bashing propaganda and you're... Damn, I thought I was going to pull that off... I just couldn't keep going. lol

Reading the article, I couldn't find ALL 16 states. It doens't list them.

Anyone have a full list?

Hey, I sure as hell don't want kids, but that doesn't mean others who do (gay, straight, asexual, whatever) shouldn't be allowed to. There's plenty of bible-following people who beat the living piss out of their kids, or have 8 of them and can't afford to provide anythign decent for them. Why not let a couple, who will have the money, time, and love to spend on a kid?

I hate religion. I've said it before, I'll say it again: Abolish religion, it's the only way.

21. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

First off, the desire to procreate is pretty strong even amongst those who are physically incapable of doing so. it doesn't matter whether they're gay or straight and it's really irrelevant.

I know we'll probably never convince you that homosexuality is NOT a choice that people make but one of the areas of gay adoption that is often overlooked is where one partner already has children. SHould the biological parent die, it's perfectly conceivable that the other parent could be denied contact with the children, they could be put into state care (something that should never be wished upon any child) Adoption would ensure that the biological parent's wishes were carried out. Something I'm sure you would agree with. Or, do you feel that children of homosexual parents don't deserve the same constitutional protections of those with hetero parents?

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Yes, its very scary when a republic is more upset at a president's fling then they are about a president taking us to war with thousands dead, thousands of missing limbs and billions spent. Scary indeed when a little sex act is more important then a war. Welcome to the new republicans where all threats will be extinguished be they real or dreamed up. Its a scary country these days for sure.

23. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

*Applause*

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I think all children need loving parents period, take that and twist it anyway you want.

25. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

So gay parents wouldn't be a problem, then.

God knows there are plenty of unloving straight parents, BTW. My wife's an RN in labor & delivery. She sees lots and lots of straight but abusive or negligent parents.

While not universally true, I think that adoptive parents are far more likely to be loving because of al they had to go through to adopt. Obviously, there are exceptions.