Driveshield Hates Me

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bobber205, Jan 29, 2006.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

When I do stuff for my tech job at school, I always have to turn off DriveShield so whatever I do isn't redone when the computer restarts.

I often do the same tasks over and over on dozens of computers.
    But sometimes Driveshield likes to trick me by looking EXACTLY like it's off but when I'm done w/ my work and I go to enable it, it turns green... and I have to start all over.

Is there someway to run a Applescript or another app (that's NOT windows ;) ) that turns off all Driveshield enabled computers at once?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wait, Driveshield on Windows or Driveshield on Mac? Is Driveshield really particularly necessary on a Mac with managed accounts? It seems like there would be much better ways to accomplish what you need than this thing. Ugh.

Sorry, I don't have anything valuable to contribute, since I've never used it. So I guess I'm just bumping, and curious to find out more. :eek:

3. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

Driveshield for mac.
    My teacher likes to use it because it prevents the students from putting stuff on the desktop... :rolleyes:

He's a neat freak. :D

So is there any app I can give him?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can't you just change permissions on the desktop and be done with it? I'm not 100% sure, but if the desktop folder is read only, it should solve the problem, I think?