Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sisyphus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Hay all.

Is samba as unrealible to everyone else as it is to me??

Everytime I try to either print or file share with my XP machine, the XP machine just goes goofy, doesn't work on the internet and cuts off my OSX.
Any help??

Darwin

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2003
round the corner
Hay all.

Is samba as unrealible to everyone else as it is to me??

Everytime I try to either print or file share with my XP machine, the XP machine just goes goofy, doesn't work on the internet and cuts off my OSX.
Any help??

OK, so are you trying to share and print from OS X to XP?

I do file sharing from my Mac to my PC and that works ok, and you say as soon as you try this your PC stops working online and with OS X?

There might be a problem with your PC accepting the connection so Samba should be working, I'm not sure at this point :confused:

Is there any more details?

sisyphus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Darwin said:
OK, so are you trying to share and print from OS X to XP?

I do file sharing from my Mac to my PC and that works ok, and you say as soon as you try this your PC stops working online and with OS X?

There might be a problem with your PC accepting the connection so Samba should be working, I'm not sure at this point :confused:

Is there any more details?

Well, my XP machine is going to go through a lobotomy tomorrow *Reinstalling everything* It is running like crap now *Typical Windoze*

After I get everything up and running again, Im gonna see if it works again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.