Driving Me Mad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by waynepixel, Aug 31, 2004.

1. waynepixel macrumors regular

I seem to be having problems with my G4. I upgraded OS X to 10.3.2 and now I am getting problems with payback of DVDs and also I cannot for the life of me get the Apple Expo Paris stream to work, I am on Cable broadband 768Kbps. I have never had these problems before, so I am thinking its is the update.

Arrrrrrr this is driving me crazy. Any MAc genies out there hue could help or advise me please.

PS: I remember reading that Apple Updated there ATI Radeon drivers with the 10.3.2 update and I do have installed at the moment AGP RADEON MAC EDITION 32Mb graphics card.

Setup: G4-1Ghz, 704Mb Ram, RADEON MAC EDITION 32Mb AGP, 120GB WD harddrive,

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

What kind of playback issues?

And what exactly is happening with the live stream?

3. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

The DVD playback is not too bad. At the start of some DVD it play a bit choppy and then precedes to play them with no problem.

As for the the live stream it start and stop all over the place. It is just not streaming. I have always had good result in the past.

I have checked all the basic with OSX, Permission, Hard-disk checks All OK.

4. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

Sounds like the comp isn't routing DVD playback through the GPU properly... as for the streaming video it may be due to a slower system bus... but I can't say for sure. What kind of G4 is it?

5. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Maybe try updating your OS. We're at 10.3.5 at this point!

Lee Tom

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

today was the first day

The Expo stream just came out today, wouldn't be surprised if it's a little busy with all the people trying to watch it. I bet if you went back tomorrow, it would be normal again.

7. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry I meant to say 10.3.5. I was looking at the Finder version number.

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

You could always try downloading and reinstalling the 10.3.5 Combo Update. Then Repair Permissions.

My guess is the bandwidth for the Paris Expo was eatten up by other Mac-heads and has nothing to do with your computer.

9. waynepixel thread starter macrumors regular

True that does make a lot of sense. I might do the 10.3.5 Combo and install again. Thanks