1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Dropbox syncing thousands of files after Lion update

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Tom8, Aug 1, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

After updating to Lion i checked my Dropbox menu, in the menu bar, and was surprised to see these stats

[​IMG]

I'm on version 1.2.16, am i on an older version, or is there something i need to do, because this is literally thousands of times more files then i have synced

2. macrumors 603

redwarrior

I have been having a very similar issue, but I am not on Lion and haven't made any OS changes. My dropbox was constantly syncing over 3,000 files and never stopped. It hogged my CPU as well.

I did some searching and read that some had this issue after syncing with two computers at the same time, which is probably what I did.

Tech support offered me no assistance whatsoever, and it was very frustrating. I ended up deleting the account and creating a new one. Even now though, I have not been able to get things working properly, and I have not had time to really scrub my system clean and make a fresh start.

I hope you have better luck. Hopefully someone here will be able to help. Good luck and please keep us informed.