Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Hello, I have faced up with really slow download/ upload speed on my iPhone 5 latest 6.1.4 while using latest dropbox application. My network speed is really good, downloading files from dropbox via pc speed is always +600Kbps, also i have iPad mini 6.1.3 and download/ upload speed is also really high. However somehow my iPhone is so slow at downloading/ uploading any files, takes three/four time more to download/ upload same file as doing with ipad or via PC o_O What it could be? application bug? Anyone also have faced up with this issue?

Last edited:

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
It matters how fast dropbox servers are and how fast they can take info in. You have great internet but dropbox severs may be slow. I recommend using google drive. You get 5gb and it does the same exact thing as dropbox.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
It matters how fast dropbox servers are and how fast they can take info in. You have great internet but dropbox severs may be slow. I recommend using google drive. You get 5gb and it does the same exact thing as dropbox.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

yeh i know, but why with iPhone speed is so slow when after some minutes with iPad speed is fast. Doesn't make sense, i never expierenced slowness with PC or iPad but with iPhone, something is wrong o_O

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
reset didnt help, also tried to reinstall app, seems that that dropbox 2.2.2 for iphone is bugged, here is video of that "favorites" feature bug

andnewman

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
I have the same problem, it's incredibly slow on my iPhone 5, a bit slow on my iPad 2 but up/down is fast on my androids even when I use my iPhone as personal hotspot (to make sure it's not the iPhone that's slow).

The iPads hardware is slower than the iPhone but Dropbox is still faster on it. Other apps runs much slower on the now very old device compared to the iPhone 5.

IMRANtv

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2015
New York
I do not even use DropBox much since I have a couple of 1TB online storage accounts elsewhere but I did not see many options to upload from the iPhone 6+ Photos app. I had a 4.5 minutes video to upload and it is still uploading only half done after one hour on a 75Mbps up/down connection that is zipping in everything else. Very strange to see it this slow.

Imran
www.imran.tv

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.