DropInstaller2k4 for Unreal Tournament 2004 released

Discussion in 'Games' started by Santaduck, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    I just finished writing DropInstaller2k4 script app for Unreal Tournament 2004.
    Look in the UT2K4 section at my Downloads page.

This is a real easy "drag-and-drop" installer for all types of Unreal Tournament 2004 files, including custom maps. Just drag what you want to install onto the icon! Will accept both single files as well as folders containing files and UT-named folders with more files. Complete log files written, so you know exactly what was installed.

This is a version 1.00, so please test it out & write some feedback. If there aren't too many problems I'll submit it to MGF. It's actually based on a version 3.00 (probably the 25th version total) of another similar script, so error checking should be pretty good. You even get to see my n00b simpletext-based progress bar! My raw applescript is even provided so you can see its innards. It does do the job including authentication and saving the path to ut2004.app.
  2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Feb 17, 2003
    with Hamburglar.
    Does this work for the Demo version?? I dragged the maps into the "maps" folder and I couldn't get them to load. Only played around with it for 20 seconds or so, maybe I missed it.
  3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i found out that the demo does not run on anything else than the maps and such that it comes with. if it did it would be way too easy to download the demo and then download all the extra maps to get the full game.
  4. cc bcc macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2001
    Nice work, although I haven't tried it yet. I just recieved my ut2004 copy and I'm still busy with the included maps. But when I'm ready to go practice custom maps, I'll definately download this! Seems handy, thanks.
    We might not get top notch game performance on the mac, we do get smart and unselfish people making our lives easier.