Dropped iphone & won't turn on

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by coffeedrinker, Dec 21, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Dec 21, 2007
    I did something really stupid...my iphone dropped "head first" into my cup of coffee. There was barely 1/2 inch of coffee in the cup and I pulled it out immediately. Now I can't get it to turn on and I have tried everything. Any suggestions. I live in a town where the closest Apple store is 1 1/2 hours away:(:confused:
  2. macrumors 68030

Oct 7, 2007
    DFW, TX
    which end dropped ... theres a water sensor in the headphone port... and going to an apple store won't help because you voided the warranty when you got it wet ...

I would open it up and put it under a fan for a day or two ... maybe even put it in a bag with some rice ... when it drys out it should be fine...
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2005
    Green Bay, WI
    Whatever you do, dont try to turn it on? I mean, thats just stupid - lets see, its wet so lets app some power.

As suggested, place in a bag of rice or something to absorb the water, keep the wet end pointed down so it does not fall down to the rest of the electronics.

Wait a couple days and THEN turn it on. If it does not, you may try charging it.