Dropped my 5 today and want to try for a replacement

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by als88, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

I don't have apple care plus and I got my phone a week ago, dropped it on concrete today with two scuffs, as its fairly new I'm thinking of asking apple for a replacement, anyone with experience on this? I gonna say it came out of the box like that and push my luck!

2. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

No they'll laugh at you and say we see this **** everyday, stop lying. :rolleyes:. You deserve a replacement from Apple because??

3. vastoholic, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012

macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Deal with it. You dropped it. Don't try and get free stuff because of your faults.

4. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

So you dropped your phone and now you expect Apple to replace your phone for free? Lol this is comedy!! Deal with it.

5. macrumors P6

dukebound85

6. macrumors 68020

7. macrumors 68030

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Not trolling, I wanted to keep the phone perfect and used it naked, just kept it in a dodocase durable pouch but the phone is so damn loose in it, everything's perfect except for the scuffs it doesn't feel like new anymore!

9. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

That's because it's not. The moment you took it out of the box it wasn't new anymore.

10. macrumors 65816

After you purchase something, it is up TO YOU to keep it in good condition if you want it that way. You should have slapped a case on it the SECOND you opened your phone if you are THAT OBSESSED with keeping it nice.

The geniuses laugh about people like you.

11. macrumors demi-god

They know what iPhones with out-of-the-box scuffs look like. They see those on a regular basis.

You never know when they'll pull a random "surprise and delight" move and replace something that's not technically eligible to be replaced for free.

But to try and BS them with something as obvious as this pretty much guarantees that they won't be going out their way to help you.

12. macrumors regular

This is dumb, why a replacement you've caused the damage.
    Really, what the.. is wrong with people.
    I buy a car, I crash with it so give me a new car now.
    Come on, that's not anywhere near normal.

13. macrumors 6502

It's NOT new anymore. If you want to get one and keep it in "new" condition, don't remove it from it's packaging. But don't be a dick. You screwed up. Act like an adult, not a child and take some personal responsibility.

14. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Save yourself the time, there's no way they'll exchange a dropped iPhone for a brand new one. If they know you got it a week ago, it'll be a huge red flag that you're obviously lying about getting it out of the box as such.

15. macrumors 6502a

I find it sad that people try to scam Apple out of an iPhone when the damage is 100% their fault. Maybe try just telling the truth or buy AppleCare when you buy your next iPhone. My sister had her iPhone stolen. When she went to the Apple Store, she told the truth and they gave her a free iPhone. I have no problem with that...she told the truth and was prepared to pay for a replacement. If you lie to get something you are not owed, that is synonymous with theft in my book. Do you also expect you car manufacturer to give you a new car if you run your current one into a telephone pole and don't have insurance?

16. macrumors newbie

Exactly why you should have sprung for the $99 & got applecare+. By being a total dick & trying to scam Apple into giving you a new phone when they had nothing to do with the damage, you make it harder for those of us with legit claims to get replacements. Don't be a dick!!!

17. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Probably because it's not new anymore. Seriously, can you explain why Apple should replace your phone?

18. thread starter macrumors newbie

Because the 5 is too delicate, the 4s wouldn't chip, scratches are fine but not dents, hope they fix it in the 5s

19. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I really hope that wasn't a response to my question. Did Apple drop your phone?

20. macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Wrong place to ask this. You're going get gangbang in this forum for this thread.

21. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

So in other words you damaged it and now want to scam Apple in order to give you a new undamaged replacement.
    What a nice person you are:rolleyes:

22. thread starter macrumors newbie

Just wanted opinions, il live with it and if the next phone is more sturdy, I might get it, the screen is fine, il overlook this, was bound to drop sometime in the future anyways :D initial OCD took over me haha

23. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Yea and I'm sure you thought people were gonna side with you right? Get a case it'll cover up the scratches.

24. macrumors 6502

Make up a bs excuse about a software fault or something and get it exchanged. I've done it countless times without problems.

25. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Apple has replaced plenty of things out of warranty for free, but it is at their discretion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.