Dropped my pb!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by uh-oh, Jan 12, 2005.

1. uh-oh macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2004
    AHHHHHHHHH... I dropped my PB. It was on a high chair in my school bag and it fell on the floor! BOOM!!!! Good thing it was in a protective sleeve ... but now, I'm just wondering, how do I know if there was any damage caused? The computer is still working fine and there doesn't seem to be any loose parts in the machine .... how do I really know?
  2. virividox macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    you could run a hardware test cd. but other than that theres no real way to find out if anything is busted until something stops working :(
  3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    First off, be glad it still works! Second, Is there any visible damage from the drop? If not, any problems which appear down the road should be coverable by the warranty if it's still under warranty.
  4. jumpman25 macrumors regular

Feb 23, 2004
    If it seems to be working ok then there is probably nothing wrong with it. My experience has been that it will either work or it wont. Very seldome will something like that cause a very minor problem that you will not notice that will gradually turn into a larger and larger problem.
  5. uh-oh thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 26, 2004
    Feel much better thanks

I'm a bit relieved to read your reply. It really killed me when I saw it fall .. and no, there is no physical damage so, if ever anything, the warranty should come in handy, as Chaszmyr said.

Well then, I guess I can give a thumb up to my zeroshock power sleeve for doing it's job so nicely. hehe
  6. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

May 6, 2004
    What's Your Favorite Posish
    if you dont have apple care

GET IT