dropped powerbook, now keyboard is wonky

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by katie ta achoo, Jan 25, 2006.

1. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

So, I got home today from Austin, and had my backpack and Powerbook (in a case) on the same shoulder. I just dropped my backpack on the ground, and the Powerbook went with it.. I had forgotten it was on my shoulder.

I immediately flipped open my Powerbook and made sure everything was OK. I ran a check on the HD to see if it was failing, and everything is OK. (It was in a case)

BUT... now, the P key on my keyboard is really messed up.

I keep getting multiple instances of the letter P typed.

sometimes, there's a letter between the two Ps if I'm typing quickly.

for example, I'll type something and not spell check it:
    Percy made sure his popwerbook was propperly positioned. Plpease make perfectly sure that prpevious prescriptpions are thrown away before expiration date ppasses.

I'm not a bad speller! This is how it's typing!
    How to fix?
    please help. :)
    any ideas will be tried, unless it's something funky like put the powerbook in the freezer.. :p

2. Agent Smith macrumors 6502

It might be that the key itself is stuck. If you are willing, try prying it off (carefully though; they are attached with a plastic "scissor mechanism") and seeing whether the scissor mechanism is alright. Be extremely careful though, as it is incredibly easy to break the plastic if not done properly.

3. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

What kind of keyboard is it? If it's a Ti keyboard, I'll buy it off ya so u can get a new one!

4. katie ta achoo thread starter macrumors G3

haha.. that's ok.
    It's a pprevious revision (I don't know the letter... the one right before the high-res ones) aluminum PB.

stupppid keyboard.. :mad: