drums: looking for audio loop or royaltee-free music

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by AviationFan, Jan 31, 2007.

1. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

Jan 12, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    For a project I am working on, I am looking for audio loops of large drums. If audio loops are not an option, then some recording that I can use royaltee free should also be workable.

The sound I am looking for is a very strong, powerful rhythm of large (I assume) drums, something that could be used either by itself or be supported by other instruments (but te drums would remain the dominant sound). To help explain what I hope to find, examples that I can think of would be in a jungle scene in Pirates of the Caribeean - Dead man's Chest, or in the music for the opening credits of "Wild Things". If you know these movies, you'll probably know what I mean.

I know Apple has a percussion JamPack, but I read poor reviews about it. Any idea if I might find in it what I am looking for? Any other sources that come to mind?

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Martin
  2. RufusSwan macrumors newbie

Jan 15, 2007
    near Branson, MO

If you've not heard the GB jam pack percussion stuff, it would bear a listen to form your own opinion. As a drummer myself, I would not presume to make my opinion yours.

I've only seen PCDC once and did not give the soundtrack much attention, and have not heard Wild Things.

I'm sure if you were to post more info on your project, that you might find many who would spring from the bushes to help you out.

What is project, and what's it for?
    Length of "tune"?
    Do you want 'tuned' drums such as tymp's, djembe, etc.
    Fast, slow, erotic, violent, etc.

Perhaps posting a snippet of what you have now would help you flush a percussionist out if the digital jungle.