Drunk thread v 2.0

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by topicolo, Nov 25, 2004.

1. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

This is a short continutation of the last drunk thread. Please ignore any spelling errors or whatnot and don't close this down Mr. ANderson (because I'm still plastered out of my mind and I'm trying to spell properly).

How is everybody doing? I am drunk out of my mind right now after getting bought multiple drinks by fiends and random girls but I find that as a drunk SOB, you're much likely to pick up girls because you're willing to say the crazy sh*t that you don't usually say (hence my scoring with some blond girl and her sister whose names I don't remember right now). ANwyay, this may be just a brag, but it's liek 3:28am eastern time and I'm feeling great. has anybody else been in this awesome situation:?

W000T!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i find it quite fun when you get well and truly trollied then go onto msn messenger (or ichat etc) and then start talking to everyone who is online at that time. half of whom you have no idea who they are. you get like 20 people replying to you at once and you get dead confused and start talking rubbish to the wrong people.

well i find it fun anyway! :D

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

hmm... i've got my fingers crossed for the success of this thread, but i'm not gonna hold my breath...

last alcoholic beverage i ad to drink was a 'dark and stormy' about three nights ago. it's ginger beer and dark rum. usually mixed about 2 to 1. (sometimes 1 to 1). very tastey.

<<mod comment>> this isn't the best way to post in this thread..... <</mod comment>>

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

If you discuss the silliness/events of your drunken stupidity (I've had my own too) thats fine. If you start listing what you've had to drink, then it gets closed down....there is no reason to list what you have everytime you drink, if its the drunk thread its assumed you've had something to drink, you know?

We'll see how long this lasts......

D

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ok now i understand why the drunk thread was closed, and today is turkey day, heres hoping i get drunk off my *** tonight and have plenty of stoopid drunk talking with friends

7. oreo macrumors member

when I have drunken nights, i usually end up with the camcorder out filming me & a mate chatting about random stuff & what we filmed before.

Sounds like you had a good nite.

8. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Yes, at least for those of us living in the US, if this thread lasts into tomorrow, there should be a number of potential contributors. I 'll see you then... :D

9. jasylonian macrumors regular

get drunk thread...

are there any rules against a thread in which we get drunk specifically for the purpose of posting?

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

why would you do that? Things that slow? And no, there's nothing wrong with that, just as long as your post(s) aren't spam.

D

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Having some wine will definitely help to enhance the enjoyment of the holiday celebration. My one request would be that no one would drink and drive. Please try to be safe.

12. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

what in the world is the difference!?? we have an absinthe thread SPECIFICALLY detailing what everyone is drinking... wdlove always posts about what kind of wine he and his wife are drinking- and gives reviews. i'm offering a drink suggestion to someone thats interested- i had one of them- not near enough to get drunk... wanted to give my opinion. its a forum.

13. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I agree.

I thought the drunk thread was for drunk posters to come and post drunk thoughts, ideas, ramblings, rants and other stuff. With others posting the same maybe, sounds like it would be a bit of a circus.

But that's a drunk thread right?

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The Absinthe thread was just me asking who had tried it, and their experience, the subject is a little more defined.

I'm not saying I do or don't agree with the drunk threads and their content (not that it would make a blind bit of difference anyway), just "defending" the Absinthe thread ;)

15. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'll join in since slighly merry this evening - I'm leaving all he miskeys in although part of me really wants to go back and fix tghe mistakes!

Despite being a Brit in the UK, I've been out for a Thansgiving meal with the whole works and much beer. The drunkeness was compounded by the very nice waiter bringing us free shots two or three times during the meal... oops!

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

would you rather have this thread shut down? the original drunk thread became a vehicle for spamming, so it was closed, end of discussion. this is a second chance, work with it :rolleyes:

D

17. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

had too much wine at thanksgiving dinner.... between that and the turkey im about to go into a coma, thank god i got home to find a new drunk thread!

cheers
    -quack

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We have to post by the rules that Mr. Anderson has set. So that means that I can't post about wine. Will admit that I's not sure what we can say. It seems that so far so good.

I 'm very pleased that you made it home safely quackattack. A very high priority.

19. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

Of course, my parents were nice enough to take me home. I'm always responsible when I drink. ;)

But thank you for the concern :D

-quack

20. neut macrumors 68000

neut

damn, and wouldn't you know it ... im sick again.

:(

someone should drink it up for me tonight! but please keep all families safe tonight (follow wdlove's advice) and stay off the roads. :)

time to sit down with two of my favorite herbs... and enjoy a Thanksgiving night with my daughter and a few DVDs.

damn, can't wait to pour a nice fatty... it's going to taste soooo good. the pleasures of self-denial. ;)

peace.

21. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

hmmmmm, im extremely buzzed and talking to a cute girl online, i wonder if she likes me because i like her, shes a sweetheart too, i think im finally getting over that breakup i had about two months ago now..... thank godness and thank smirnoff!

22. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Wait until you are sober to decide on whether she is cute or not. Just sayin :).

23. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

ahhh new drunk thread:)

I use this thread (and the previous) as an opportunity to scrounge on other peoples plastered nights out. Don't get intoxicated on account of still nursing my 5-month-old son...

Had my first buzz in fourteen months two weeks ago. Left son at home with his father and a bottle of milk, and went out with friends and family to see david rovics (leftie american folk singer) Got severely tipsy after two beers:D Happy Happy Joy Joy
    Roamed the streets singing ancient communist battlesongs, and harrasing fountains at the city hall. -Made perfect sense by then:D

Woke up and mouth tasted bad. Had completely forgotten that that happens :rolleyes:

Three Cheers and a grunt

-Squirrel

24. russed macrumors 68000

russed

hello all!

i am drunk!

i know it is only quarter to 7 but i went shopping all afternoon having had nothing but a ham sandwich all day then went for a mean with my girlfriend and we cansumed a bottle between the two of us. i am now merry! and its nearly christmas. nice!

25. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I certainly hope that you felt well enough for work today. Also hope that it wasn't anything too serious that you felt weepy yesterday. I was feeling feeling emotional and weepy last evening also. In my case no alcohol. Just many things going on in my life. So I hope that today has brought a brighter day for you.