DS Browser Review from Cubed3.com

Discussion in 'Games' started by ddrueckhammer, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

For those who are interested, cubed3 just reviewed the DS Browser and gave it an 8/10. I think this is a very balanced review that spells out the pros and cons of the browser. Unfortunately, the review from IGN was not only unbalanced but contains incorrect speculation about the browser using a Japanese proxy. Wrong! Where is journalistic professionalism?

http://www.cubed3.com/news/5840

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

3. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Personally I'm waiting for a homebrew one, for the only reason that it will be upgradeable. if Opera have some space for an upgrade on the GBA or DS cart then I'll be most impressed and buy it. Also if it was bundled with some POP3 email application I would snap it up in a second.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Point blank....the browser sucks arse....now let it go and have a blue berry muffin.

Bless

6. ddrueckhammer thread starter macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I'm not saying that it is the best solution. But I do think that it has its place with DS users who know its limitations. Many of the reviews I have read try to compare it to a full blown laptop which it isn't. IMO it is as good as the PSP browser only with the advantage of a touch screen interface...Ummm blueberry muffin...

7. ddrueckhammer thread starter macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I didn't want to start a new thread for this but here is a video showing the DS Browser in action. I wish it showed him using ebuddy.com to chat with AIM, MSN, or Yahoo but it is pretty good. It is actually much better than the IGN or 1up reviews make it out to be assuming you aren't trying to load IGN or 1UP! You be the judge...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1079779348738348895&hl=en

8. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

The DS is the greatest handheld gaming device of all time for its price, let's just keep it that way, as long as it games well, I'm happy with it, the browser that is offered is nonsense, with the type of processor it runs, it just isn't designed for browsing, I say save your money and just use it for what it's really meant to be, playing games. :)

9. ddrueckhammer thread starter macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Well I'm getting it so I'll let you know but the video I posted is very encouraging.