[DS] Contact

Discussion in 'Games' started by tjwett, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Anyone here grab Contact for the DS yet? I was SUPER excited and looking forward to this and then it got released and has been getting pretty crappy reviews. Certainly doesn't look like it lived up to the hype. Opinions?

2. platypus63 macrumors regular

I just picked this up, on the 2nd "level" now, not really levels but you get the point. So far I'm enjoying it, the pro reviews scared me at first, but I've read user reviews that comforted me. Gamespot gives it a 6.7, but the average user vote (170+ people) is 8.5. If you can live with it's only semi-involving battle system, I say it's good.

p.s.: Dune is a wonderful piece of literature.

3. tjwett thread starter macrumors 68000

tjwett

ok cool. i'm leery of the pro reviews at times, seems like they typically prefer hack and slash combat over story and brain play. i actually prefer not having too much battle responsibility so i might like this after all. Killer 7 was too awesome to imagine him making a dud. i'm going to pick this one up dude. if you can't trust the taste of a Dune fan then who can you trust? :)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I always check out user reviews as well. sometimes there is a huge discrepancy. let us know what you think of it - post a mini review ;)