[DS] Dragon Quest 9 on the DS, what a surprise..

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, Dec 12, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

seriously when i heard that they will announce a new game i thought it might be ps3 or wii title but switching the whole main series to a portable ... talk about a surprise

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I haven't played any of the dragon quest (dragon warrior U.S.) series games since the first 4 on the nes. I will probably pick this one up for the DS. I love my DS, it is a great system with some pretty awesome games, plus it is a great way to waste time on the ******* at work.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Indeed! Makes sense though, what system is literally heading for world domination? Which system can provide them with the largest market (especially in DQ's homeland)?

Will be the first DQ game I'll be able to play too :)

SE sure does like the DS at the moment.

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'm a happy slime.

(I hope they don't completely give up on home consoles for their main series though)

DS = Already Huge and growing installed base + Low development costs = Happy $$$ developper

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

This threads needs:

[​IMG]

In other news, the PSP dead today, on it's 2nd Birthday.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If only Sony would realise what a pile the PSP is and price it next to the DS Lite. £99 would be top. I know it isn't possible (losing money on it already etc), but that's Sonys fault. Consumer demands price cut.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wow, that's so great! :) Add another reason for me to get a DS! I thought this thread was being sarcastic, and that an older DQ was being ported to DS (a la the penchance in Nintendo-land for re-releases), as I had completely lost track of where the series was at. This was therefore a very pleasant surprise. :)

But wait...erm, I'm googling around... was this actually announced, or is it a rumor?

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Thanks! :) I believe it or not googled but did not get the official site. :eek: I probably should've gone straight there. It looks like it'll be fun! :)

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Have other DS games come on two cartridges before?

11. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

my guess is that the picture above is a photoshop since nintendo advises not to take out cartridges while running ;)

after all they can simply put in more memory inside of the cartridge

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sorry -- I don't even have a DS. And it isn't THAT insane. Zelda: Oracle came on two cartridges, in essence.

14. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

If they go to the 2 cartridges road, I wonder if there is a way that they could use the DS' internal memory to save the game log from cart 1 and then dump it on cart 2 once it's inserted. Or is that memory wiped clean once the DS is turned off? (Like for game demos) Or maybe they could create a "memory card" Pak that could be inserted into the GBA slot for save games.

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's not out of the question that they just use a high-density cart. I'm sure they'll have all the room they need.

16. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Indeed. They're done it in the past with they older consoles. (NES, SNES, N64). Anybody know if they've done it with a DS game yet? Or do all DS carts still max at 1 gigabit? (128 MB)

17. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

That little? I haven't really done any research.

I have to admit that I'm surprised that something that looks so similar to an SD memory card would have such a tiny limit.

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I've played epic games that shipped on only one floppy disk. :cool:

I look forward to this new DQ. I'll probably finally upgrade to a DS Lite for, just for it.

<]=)