DS Friend code site

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm thinking about setting up a little forum/chat page where us Macrumor people and our friends can all come and arrange games. There will be a big database for friend codes and the likes. It's all going to be private too, only registered users will be able to view anything. Anyone will be able to register though the site won't be too publicly listed. just so we all know each other like.

What say ye? Just to perhaps quash the many "friend code" pages that are popping up with the launch of the DS Lite etc.

2. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Sweet

I'm not sure what this means but I know that I am getting a DS Lite whenever EB Games gets their next shipment and I would love to play some DS with fellow macrumoronians. So, yeah, when I figure out what it is then I am in.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

let the game begin, mario kart DS and Tetris... hor hor hor, but i need to figure out how to connect wifi to play with others... :p

5. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

anyone

Sorry to be the nintendo newbi but can anyone actually tell me what this means. Thanks.

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Sign me up, although at the moment my only wifi game is MK. Maybe metroid is in my future...

7. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'd like to sign up. Even though I don't own any WiFi compatible games just yet, I know I will soon.

8. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

You should definitly include a detailed guide on how to go online with the DS depending on what type of wireless router you own. I still can't go online with my DS without turning off WEP, even after trying everything I've read on nintendo.com and in the many threads on MacRumors. ^_^ I feel stupid. I sort of gave up for now.

There will be a bunch of cool new DS online connection games coming 2006-2007. I can't wait to hear more details on why Final Fantasy III is sporting the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection logo. I'm also very curious about Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Big Castlevania fan here.

I hope Nintendo takes my feedback (and rpobably other players' too) from their Nintendo Wi-Fi connection survey and create universal friend codes. It's a bummer to have one for each game.

Looks like lots of new online games are planned for the DS: Linky-Dinky

9. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

10. NtotheIzoo macrumors regular

i'm gonna pick up a lite this weekend, so definitely count me in...a tutorial of some kind would be great too...

11. Malus macrumors 6502

Sounds good to me...I got the oldscool DS....gonna upgrade sometime soon.

12. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I like this idea. It would be cool if you could make the actual site on the 2 screens of the DS lite. Just oversizes so we can see it. Kinda hard to explain but it is probably a bad idea anyway. It would be cool though (once the Opera browser comes out) because we can just go to that site & look at some friend codes!

13. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well I'm using PunBB which is a very basic yet full-featured forum. Very streamlined so it should be fine for viewing on a DS/PSP/Phone.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm in...wanted to beat down some MR heads anyway:)

Bless

15. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's almost done. We have;

Forums - very basic. only a few actual boards to post in.
    Chat - Because it's quick, and in real time.
    Calendar - for organising events.

The only problem I can see us having is the friend code section itself. Short of making it a giant list that anybody can edit, there will have to be a lot of trust. or a few mods to keep it up to date. Either/or.

16. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I Wanna Make The List!!!

I'm on for atleast an hour a day so I can update them when people submit them.

I don't think just anybody should be able to edit them.

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

do this... i wanna be able to play with some random guy in vietnam. that'd be awesome...

18. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

19. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Done :)

http://satansam.co.uk/ds/

not 100% done. I'd like a nice simple graphic on top. but it's workable. have at it!
    Try and keep a similar name to your MacRumor name. just to make things easier for us! ps. I'm Jimmi.

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Ok I'm in....don't get mad if I throw in a PSP every now and again;)

Bless

21. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

Can we make the list of friend codes & such like it is in the Animal Crossing thread & Mario Kart? It is kind of hard to go through a whole thread, but not really. I'm just saying I'll make a list of what everyone puts in the thread so it is easier to find a person, and easier to read etc.

EDIT: can i add everyonce mario kart ds & animal crossing codes to there?

22. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

No, they have to be on the forum to have their code up there. just to keep everything organised like.
    join, post codes, join or start a game. rinse. repeat.

23. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Not sure if this is of any use to you, but if you want to know how to set up your DS with your WiFi connection have a look at this, I havent done it yet but once I have and trained myself up on Mario Kart I'm up for adding my code:)

24. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I just need to get a wireless router and I'll be set to join your site, Jimmi.

This is a great idea! Perhaps we could outlaw the snaking "cheat" in Mario Kart?

Jim Carrey was right, the information highway has let us play Mortal Kombat with a friend in vietnam :D

25. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

excellent idea. I added tons of people from our various friend code threads, but have yet to find anyone on when I was; being able to set up game times and such would be great.