DS Game Recommendation

Discussion in 'Games' started by platypus63, Nov 10, 2006.

1. platypus63 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I know there are a lot of DS players here, and it's time for me to get a new game because I just beat Kirby Canvas Curse. Here's the list of games I have have/beat already:

-Kirby
    -New Super Mario Bros
    -Dawn of Sorrow
    -Metroid Prime
    -Mario Kart*
    -Meteos*
    -Tetris*
    -Advance Wars*

The * games are ones that I can pop in and play anytime, because because they're very casual puzzle type or race games (so march of the minis is out of the picture for a few months). I have enough of these to last me a while. I'm looking for a good adventure, action or a short rpg game. I know zelda and ff3 are coming soon, but I need a filler until then :D

Thanks!
    -platypus63

2. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

lego star wars. the original sonic is coming out on GBA this week or next. I think there is an old sonic DS game too but I haven't tried it. elite beat agents looks interesting. mega man, star fox, etc.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Do not touch Lego Star Wars with a barge pole. It is absolute crap. The developers even issued an apology, apparently they were pressured into rushing it to market even though it has major bugs (and IMO, absolutely no gameplay).

Sounds like you already have the best games for the system. FF3 is supposed to be very good, that comes out soon. Other than that I'd wait. DS games come in waves.

4. platypus63 thread starter macrumors regular

My little brother just got lego star wars for gamecube, so i was planning on stealing it from him once semester break came along. I've heard bad things about the handheld versions of the game too.

Do you guys have any impressions of Contact or Children of Mana? I know they came out recently, I've read reviews, but I tend to trust people's recommendations more than gaming site reviews...

5. NinjaMonkey macrumors regular

You should pick up Mario & Luigi 2.

Final Fantasy III comes out next week and so far it has got pretty good reviews.

6. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The games you have there are fair enough....nothing is in the line right now for buying except March of the minis...

Mario hoops 3 on 3 sucks...

Bless

8. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

whooops, sorry didn't realize lego star wars had a bunch of glitches on the ds version. I've been playing it on the 360 and have enjoyed it. March of the Minis is a good game but I guess you don't want a puzzleish game. I have mario hoops but I have yet to give it time.

9. Zadillo macrumors 65816

I only just recently picked up Contact, but so far I'm really enjoy it. If you've read the reviews you already have a good sense of what it's about, what makes it different, etc. All I can say so far is that the reviews have been pretty spot on, and it seems really enjoyable.

Can't comment on Children of Mana; got a pretty negative impression of it from the reviews, so might not check it out.