DS Lite breaks the 5 million mark in Europe!

Discussion in 'Games' started by cartoonfox, Jul 11, 2006.

1. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

2. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Woah, I did not see that large a number coming at all after 3-4 weeks. Go Nintendo!

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Excellent. but it's no surprise. When I got my black replaced they only had a couple white ones left. pretty much every major game shop (okok, GAME and Gamestation) had sold out or were about to.
    great system.

4. cartoonfox thread starter macrumors regular

cartoonfox

I'm still yet to get my Lite! No more funds until my next student loan come September! (Unless I can land me a well paid job).

Anyway, great news indeed. When I saw the article posted on NOE's site this morning, my jaw actualy dropped, I was not expecting such high sales so soon, even for a system as popular as the Lite!
    It realy DOES print money!! :p

Peace

5. Tehy macrumors regular

6. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Two folks I know have one... against zero for the PSP. The signs were on the wall IMO that it'd be a big seller!
    GAME in Wimbledon had sold out of black DS lite's - although it had gone up to 1 when I left with my exchanged white DS. Nice folks let me try each one until I got a dead pixel free one...which bizarrely took three attempts! First one had two dead pixels, one in each screen & dead centre plus the lid didn't close properly due to some warping.....Second had a cluster on the touch screen, third was perfect:D. The staff were stumped as they've had zero white returns and a few black returns.
    Two where bought by the folks in the queue before me too....

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

my funds will come at latest by the end of next week...that's when i'm all prepared for DS Lite :D

8. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

9. iGav macrumors G3

I'd have thought 20,000 at best, considering the press release says it's only sold 200,000 DS Lites in Europe, the 5 million is total European sales for the DS range, not the DS Lite alone.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

probably quite a lot, maybe it's just France, Spain and Poland but I don't see many game shops out there. The only shop I saw (some little place in Benidorm) only had a handful of games that were grossly overcharged. equivalent to £40 for a DS game.

maybe I'm just not looking in the right places :eek:

11. iGav macrumors G3

Okay... after checking, that maybe a little conservative... the DS shifted 87,000 in it's first week last year in the UK, so I'd guess that the DS Lite would be somewhere between 60,000 and that figure.

Interestingly if 200,000 IS the figure for the total European sales in 10 days, then that really isn't an especially high figure, especially when one considers that Sony shifted 185,000 PSP's in 4 days in the UK alone on its launch.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, but how quickly that figure dwindled. Suppose it's up to the DS Lite and Nintendo's advertising now to see if these numbers are sustained, or increased like in the original DS's case.

13. iGav macrumors G3

I don't know the current sales in the UK, though internationally, there's little difference between the sales of the DS (and DS Lite) and the PSP.

Still... I suspect that Nintendo are probably a little disappointed with those figures for an entire territory.

14. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

is the white or black doing better in the UK?

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

No idea on the official numbers, but from experience the Black has sold out in more places than the White. I'll try and get an official statement from somewhere.