DS Lite Bundles in the UK?!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by FleurDuMal, Jan 9, 2007.

1. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Hey guys. Having decided not to buy a 360 until the Summer when I have a bit more money and, hopefully, the Premium systems will be going cheap(er) to make way for the 360 v2, I've decided its about time I got a DS Lite. Given that everyone seems to have one, there must be something going for it.

Can anyone point me to some decent DS bundles in the UK? The best I've seen is Gamestations DS Lite plus two games for £139. Any recommendations on games??

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

3. FleurDuMal thread starter macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Aha! Thankyou. I'm gonna give the least helpful answer by saying I'll pretty much play any type of game - as long as it's good. I suppose I'm not a fan of FPS's at all, but as this is the DS I don't think I need to worry about those. I guess sports games are pretty limited on a handheld, but I'm happy to be proved wrong :) And I generally leave strategy games to my PC/Mac, but Advance Wars seems to be getting a lot of hype so I might give that a go.

Can anyone tell me if the DS plays GBA games?

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yes it does. And they look very good on the DS. I'm not sure it supports the "special ones". (The ones with daylight sensors, tilt sensors, etc…)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Bundles are so localised, in Oldham I can get a DS Lite bundle with 2 games whilst they're a little more stingey in Manchester. Good luck in finding one! I recommend the non-obvious choises; Woolworths are very good with bundles (I got an Xbox and 4 games where Game wouly only give us 2).

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

7. kinesin macrumors regular

If you have a Virgin credit card, or NUS card then it's 10% off at the megastore (both instore and online).
    Quidco also provide an extra discount as cashback.
    Get your games second hand/import them as they are all region free.

8. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

As far games, Big Brain Academy is fracking awesome, as is Advance Wars. I have those 2 so far and I love them. GF just got new Super Mario Brothers and thats quality as well, great fun.

I'm looking to get Mario Kart DS, although DS games would seem to be as rare as rocking horse **** at the moment, for some reason.

As for the future, Diddy Kong Racing comes out soon, and Sim City this year (hopefully)

DS is a great console, the best hand held ive ever had. I love mine to bits.

9. FleurDuMal thread starter macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, I got my DS Lite today. I went with the Gamestation deal (DS LIte and two games 139.99). Got New Super Mario Brothers and Trauma Centre. Had such a hard time choosing!

Do you reckon I need a carry case of any sort?

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm using my old GB Pocket carry case. it's soft leather, official I think too. Wouldn't put the Lite in my bag without it :eek:

11. FleurDuMal thread starter macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Well, I saw a few in HMV and Virgin today, but none really appealed. Some of them looked really padded, which seemed a bit unnecessary. I'd just like a soft leather type one as well...preferable black.

I guess I'll just shop around.

Also, does anyone use a skin on the screen, or will it live long without one?

12. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

All I have is a screen protector on the touch screen, I didn't think the top really needed it.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've had my old DS since US launch and yea, it's fine. If you take care then you won't need a protector. Might be the brand my friend was using but he stuck some on his DS Lite and the touchscreen lost it's sensitivity (played like an old DS).

14. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Personally, I import all of my games from NCSX. DS games are region free, so Japanese, European and American DS games work on Japanese, European and American DSs (GBAs are the same). All new games are $35/£17 (£30 usually) and older ones are $20-30/£10/15 (£15-25 usually). Also, you get the added benefit of getting games months before they are released in the UK.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't understand why people just stick with one website these days. I find the best way to get games is to just use Froogle or Kelkoo. My last purchase through Frooge was FF3 DS for 21 quid (heh, on XP) through DVDstars.

16. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I see where your coming from, and although I do not stick with only one site, I do like to use sites I know.