DS Lite case?

Discussion in 'Games' started by JLatte, Jun 16, 2006.

1. JLatte macrumors 6502

I just got my DS lite last night, and definitely would like a case to prevent loose dirt and what not from getting on my ds lite when I throw it in my bag. I've done many many google searches on cases for ds lite and have yet to find one that was somewhat decent even. The foam cases on lik-sang are nice except it seems to only hold the ds and 3 games, if it just had a little bit deeper of a pocket to hold even 6 games + 1 or 2 GBA games and the power cable that would be ideal. I saw the hard briefcase but that thing's a little big and well... its a briefcase.

Are there any cases people are using that I just might not know about, one of those obscure companies that just make great cases that are hard to find? I haven't found anything so far on Lik-Sang or playasian that hold a DECENT amount of games in addition to the power cable that wasn't a briefcase.

Thanks in advance!

-J

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

They're nice. Nintendo gave me one at E3, but I don't have a Lite to use it with :(

4. lem0n macrumors regular

lem0n

Make one yourself!!! I'm going to make one for mine... as soon as I finished playing this............... :p Of course, I can just buy some purse and put it n like I did with the PSP, but it's more fun to make your own :D

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Do you have a link for where I could find them? I checked Nintendo's site and didn't find it. :confused:

6. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I got mine at Walmart

Attached Files:

7. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I want a Hori one, which is licensed by Nintendo of Japan, or an ALS one, which is usually licensed by Nintendo of America. There aren't any ALS cases out yet specifically for the Lite that I can find, and all the Hori ones are very expensive to import :(

8. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

I am going to get one of these.

But I am sure it can hole more than just 2 games...
    (I know you said you couldn't dfind any on lik-sang you like...bu they're still cool)

[​IMG]

9. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

And it's a Hori case like I mentioned :) They make two models of it, both look cool too.

10. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

Sorry, when it said it was liscensed (Sp) i thought that meant it was nintendo, not hori. haha sorry. i didnt see it said hori on the site either. they are nice though!

11. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

So did u get one?? I also second the link for the nintendo case..can't find it..

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I used Google to try to find a pic of the official one that I got at E3. Here's one.

[​IMG]
    Sitting on the desk.

13. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

:sniff: I wanting. Yours up for sale? :p

I just got my DS Lite! :D :D It's charging... got the free Mario sleeve/ rag bundle, and free Brain Age. Haven't turned it on, gonna wait 'til after I eat.

14. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

Whats with the pancakes? haha.

I can't wait to get mine...have to wait 'till my dad gets the $10,000 thing from work...ugh. It's gonna be a week....just in time for EB games (or gamestop or bestbuy) to get them in stock!

yaaay for good timing.

devilot, I don't know how you could wait! I always...rip apart the box (carefully) & just...get all excited. haha. loooove boxes.

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wow thats big...so do you carry that in your backpack?....

Bless

16. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I was using this old red case from my original GBA but now it's kinda worn out a bit so I'm looking for something to replace it.

That Hori-made one is really nice, and even better it comes in pink!! Not sure it's worth the $15+shipping to US though. I'll have to save that link, thanks.

17. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

This has been working for me in the past week...

[​IMG]

I'm still waiting for somebody to make a nice neoprene sleeve where you slip the DS in from the side. I just don't want it rolling around in my bag with the rest of my junk, although I did that with my SP for about 4 months and there's hardly a scratch on the thing...Apple could learn a thing or two from Nintendo's rough n' tough materials.

18. JLatte thread starter macrumors 6502

I actually ended up getting this:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Carr...39314/catOid/-13861/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

I was down at my local circuit city next to the coffee shop and was looking for a case. Surprisingly the DS cases that they had there FOR the DS lite were absolutely terrible. The 'official' nintendo one had the plastic cover that you could play the DS through, but it doesn't quite fit snugly, and after you place a game pack in there it doesn't hold well at all. I'll post pictures later of this case:

Anyways I was leaving the store and happened to walk past game boy advance cases. This case is almost perfect, it's grey (not like picture), and the zipper completely zips around it. It has 2 stretch straps to hold NDS in on bottom, and a mesh enclosure on top inside lid with a zipper to prevent items from falling out. You can easily store games OR an adapter in the pouch. It also comes with a strap. At first the DSL was too small to store, but if you put it under the stretch straps, it holds VERY securely and doesn't move, there's only about 1 inch for it to slide, but strap holds it down.

Pictures to come later. Thanks for replies!

19. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

LOL..you read my mind I was going to use the same thing until I find a good case. Right now I have a tissue covering it so it doesn't get scratched. And I was thinking this week of using a small baby sock as a pouch. My friend uses that for her cell phone and works great.

All of Nintendo's have been rock solid quality. I think because the DS Lite is white and shiney smooth that this is the first time i'm concerned about it getting scuffed.

20. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Hori case shipped to the US? Preferably a place that has it in stock.

21. Blind Buzzard macrumors member

I just got my DS Lite over the weekend, and I haven't been able to put the damn thing down. So the need for a case hasn't really been their. Although I was still planning on picking something up. I saw this case in Black over the weekend, I'll probably go back to the store and get it. Seems like it can hold a lot.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Dual-Folio-Case-S-7341-/sem/rpsm/oid/152028/catOid/-13861/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Side note: The first night I purchased my DS, my better half decided she wanted to give it a try. Needless to say, the next day we had to go and get another system! Addictive stuff, especially for the two old birds like us!! :D

22. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

The only DS case thats portable enough for my taste. If I don't have a front pocket, I'll usually hand up carrying it in my hand.

_

Attached Files:

23. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

You might want to invest into something like this just to be safe

Attached Files:

24. blueion macrumors newbie

play-asia.com has some nice cases:

Attached Files:

25. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Whaa? I've never seen that one, I don't think it's made by Nintendo though, or else I would have seen it somewhere else.

I have exactly that one. The back side has 2 slot for DS cartridges and one slot for a stylus. There's also a larger flexible netted pouch that can hold GBA games. I use it for my power adapter (and maybe a GBA cartridge, but it's a tight squeeze).