DS Lite problem.

Discussion in 'Games' started by sb58, Oct 24, 2006.

1. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

my DS Lite had that tiny crack in the hinge but i chose to ignore it. The other day however, my DS Lite more or less exploded. one of the hinges just completely snapped off. What should i do? will Nintendo give me a new one or what? who do i contact?

2. Catfish Jones macrumors member

The hinge crack is a known manufacturing fault. Nintendo should replace it. Try the store you bought it from first; if they won't take it back, contact Nintendo.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^That depends on the store. You can check the store but I doubt hey will do anything about it. Call Nintendo.

Bless

4. sb58 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sb58

and i got the DS Lite on i think June 11th. i doubt they'll give me another one. Who do i call? Tech Support?

5. sb58 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sb58

ok this is crap. My DS Lite is only a few months old, it's broken because of a manufacturing defect by Nintendo and i might have to pay $75 to fix it? thats ridiculous.

6. Catfish Jones macrumors member

Why would you have to pay to fix it? Nintendo has already recognized the problem and has taken responsibility for it. You shouldn't have to pay a cent.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow said you had to pay 75 bucks? Raise some hell! And don't pay!

Also not to be a jerk, but maybe you should have gotten if fixed when the early cracks showed up ;)

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Make sure you specify it is the known manufacturing defect. If they think it broke due to you damaging it, they'll charge $75 to fix it, but they should drop the price to $60 because it is within the warranty period.