Ds lite question..

Discussion in 'Games' started by ksolano, Dec 22, 2006.

1. ksolano macrumors regular

i might pick myself up a dslite for a Crimbo pressie, but b4 i do. Can i get a personal organizer app for the ds lite?
    The little thing could to do so much with its wifi, touch screen and duel screens. More then just gaming (which is fun) Or should i wait for the rumoured new ds lites?

2. ksolano thread starter macrumors regular

Also!! whats the ds lite browser like out in the wild? would love to use it in Starbucks or some wifi spot on the Go... any experiences?

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The browsers quite nifty, obviously it's not as good as a Mac or PC.
    Rumoured new DS Lites? No. There isn't any. They only brought out a new DS because the original was criticised for it's bulky size and bad looks, and it's the number 1 selling console so it doesn't need a update.
    You can get a free organiser, but it's homebrew so you'd need to buy an M3 Adapter, MicroSD card and Passme Card too. Don't think there are any official organisers yet, which is quite surprising!

4. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

(Here's the definition of crimbo pressie so the rest of you non-brits don't have to look it up like I did).

In the states the browser is only available as an import for $55-- not worth it (so I dont have it). There are video reviews on the web; the browser seems pretty slow and it doesn't have a lot of common plugins; like flash and java. The brit Amazon reviewers are pretty hostile. Overall it seems like it could be useful in a pinch but not something you would want to rely on.

5. buffalo macrumors 65816

Is the internet browser ever going to make it to the United States or is it only a Japan thing?

6. buffalo macrumors 65816

so... Is the browser ever going to make it to the United States, or is it just a Japan and England thing?

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

It's out here too.