DS Lite release date?

Discussion in 'Games' started by paddy, Feb 22, 2006.

1. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Does anyone know the release date of the DS Lite in Europe? If not is there any speculation? I really want a DS now and I don't know how much longer I can hold out for a DS Lite!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

March Japan. Guess May UK, with new Super Mario DS game around same time.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm hoping the new DS comes out before May....i already sold my DS and i'm just waiting now.

Bless

4. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

I would bet money the US is introduced to the DS Lite along with the New Super Mario Bros. game... and I will be ready for it

5. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Liksang got their hands on a DS Lite and answered the last question I had about the power adaptor.

Ordered mine. If they get enough, I should receive it on Monday, March 6. Only 1 week from now ^_^

By the way, Liksang have a good FAQ on the Lite:

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3808

I love the box. Very Apple like.

By the way, it's confirmed. The DS Lite will not work with a Gameboy Micro power adapter.

Attached Files:

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That is lovelyful(my word, copywritten:) ).....ok stop showing pictures cuz i won't be able to get my hands on one till May.

Bless

7. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

I'm looking forward to that anyway:p ! I'm definetely getting one in (May?) on launch day when it comes out here in Ireland.

8. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

Cant wait until May(?). I'll be queuing up outside my local Game on release day, just try and hold me back!

9. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

Sorry about the two similar posts ^, the busy server sort of messed my posting up;)

10. cubist macrumors 68020

That thing is just plain beautiful. They'd better queue up a second million right away.

11. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Delays due to shortage

Here are an email I've received from Lik-Sang about my DS Lite pre-order (was supposed to ship today). Not sure how this will affect the DS Lite release date outside of Japan.

Bummer :(

12. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

That sucks! What are you going to do, cancel your order or pay extra for something that was supposed to ship now but will only ship in a few weeks?

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

All the more reason to wait :)

No surprise that they sold out. A new/updated Nintendo handheld in japan is like a hospital with no security to a drug addict.

14. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

;). They were reported to have had only 95,000 units on release in Japan today. I think SPOnG.com put it well when they said -

“Today was a great day for Nintendo. People were rushing around in a state of fever, trying to get hold of those few DS Lites available,” commented Tokyo-based journalist Jonathan Ikeda. “I don't think Iwata is a prophet, but he was right - the spirit of the Famicom era is returning. For the first time in over a decade, Nintendo again has Japan under its control.”

15. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I'll probably reply and pay the extra $20 ($10 if counting voucher) since I can always cancel the order before it ships. If it's not shipping in the next 2-3 weeks I'll probably cancel my order.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Grr. I KNEW I should have bought Nintendo stock last week.

17. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

18. paddy thread starter macrumors 6502a

paddy

Probably about $150 w/out game but it could be more if Nintendo do not release enough to meet demand.

19. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Hard to say. No "official" US or European release plans announcved yet. Lik-Sang sold 'em for $179.00 USD before they cranked up the price. In Japan, they sell for 16,800 Yen ($145 USD), $15 more than the original DS. paddy's $150.00 USD sound like a good estimate.

20. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

21. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

srobert- sucks your order got delayed, but Lik-Sang has a really fantastic pre-order policy from the looks of that e-mail...although I'd hope so for what you probably paid ;)

I want to get my hands on one of these, hope they're pumping them out quicker than MS did to the 360...

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I really hope Nintendo be ready for the U.S release and have lots of units cuz i would hate having to jack someone.;)

Bless

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I think they pump out more solid platinum teeth than Xbox 360's. There will be little supply problem. Nintendo are smart, they probably built up stock and waited rather than rushing out. Hell! they're probably stocking up on those other Lite colours as we speak. A regal looking more-stylish-than-black navy DS? can we say hotcake?

24. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

This is sort of interesting:

One is for the DS Lite launch, the other for the XBox 360 Launch. Same location.

Attached Files:

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yowzers! I'd love to see how long that queue stretches for. it curves out of sight!