DS lite US release date: 11th june , price 129$

Discussion in 'Games' started by takao, May 4, 2006.

1. takao macrumors 68040

takao

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well at least i know not to hurry up and get one now, i have just over a month to get the cash together. sweet.

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

This is awesome, very unexpected price point isnt that the smae price as the DS is now?? can't wait until they release them in the UK hopefully at £89.99...

SHadoW

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yep, so there is no price raise. which is just awesome in my opinion. but if the current DS goes even cheaper when these are announced i may just pick one of those up instead, but i'll be tempted to get one of these even more, considerting the better screens.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well played Nintendo. Very well played. I was expecting a bit of a price raise, maybe 10 £/$.

11th June isn't that far off :) I'd import but I don't want a funky plug adapter.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's would mean around £89-99 and €139-149 (as we have taxes).

7. takao thread starter macrumors 68040

takao

i'm pretty sure they will do a straight conversion as in the past

like with the gameboy micro 99 dollars -> 99 euro including taxes

and as far as i know the current price in US and europe for the old DS is 129$ and 129€

8. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

Knowing how pricing works when stuff is sold in the UK (we get charged more for everything) I suspect a £99 price.

I really want one.

9. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

holy #@$%! $129???

i was expecting at least $150 :eek:

i'll be able to afford that and a boatload of games without breaking a sweat. :D

10. reallybigafro macrumors member

Yes!!! I have been wanting a DS since it's release!! And now a broke college student will be getting one this summer!!! Thanks Nintendo!!

11. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'll be getting one as well. Should be $150 with Super Mario. :D

12. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

mmmm super mario.

is it bad that i have a list of games that i want to get already?
    Hunters.
    Super Mario Bros.
    Mario 64
    Mario Kart

... and i'm sure there will be a lot more too.

13. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Of course not. If you didn't have a list of games you want, you shouldn't want to buy the system. :)

14. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's good advice! ;) I think that's the thing about Nintendo systems, for me. I can be confident in a good handful of games that I'll never regret having played. I'm easy to please... it pretty much just needs to involve Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, the Princess, mushrooms, Link and Zelda, or Samus Aran, and I'm really geeked. :)

15. turbopants macrumors regular

Great news, and great pricing by Nintendo. The screens on these Lite's are really nice. I'm with the others wanting to pick this up with a copy of New Super Mario. Cool! :D

16. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Dunno if you should I think the extra bright screen is worth every extra penny you will pay for the Lite......The current DS has a dull screen at best which is probably the worst thing about it,

SHadOW

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

DS is €149 here in Ireland (MarioKart Bundle or Nintedogs Bundle). We always seem to get our prices from UK and not from the rest of the euro zone strangely.

I've not seen it on sale locally without being in a bundle so maybe a bundleless will be €129

I'll definetly be getting one though, trading in my old DS to do so. How many other people will tradein their old machine?

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is what i'm talking about here.....now i shall be preordering....

Bless

19. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I'll trade in my DS when it arrives from ebay (I ordered it almost 3 weeks ago, payed straight after the auction and it STILL hasn't arrived). Anyone know roughly what a used DS fetches in the shops or on ebay?

20. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Ha, that's me too! I've been wanting one since launch but waited for more games/money. I've been drooling over that Kirby game...such a good use of the stylus. I'd like Animal Crossing to keep me busy. I've played MP Hunters and didn't like it, but it still look so good and I love Metroid- maybe I can get used to the controls. Me needs some Mario Kart and Mario.

Anyways, since the DS Lite was announced, I've been waiting for that. I have about $50 to my name, but that will change in the summer (working two jobs).

PS: E3 better show off Super Smash Bros. for the DS. The two screens helps you see where everyone is...

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nintendo will whore out Mario DS at E3.

I will scream the house down if they say anything about Mario 128. I will even record it. *charges DV cam battery*

22. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I just want to get my hands on the DS lite and add it to my collection.....im soo missing MP:Hunters......

Bless

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not sure. I'm hoping at least €70 at Gamestop, but will probably be mortified when I do it and get next to feck all.

24. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I would definitely save the extra $ for the Lite. The whole reason I haven't bought one yet is because of the screen. I have played them in the store, and I could easily afford one, but the murky screens just don't work for me (and can only get worse over time). Well it looks like they have even gone beyond what was necessary to fix this problem with the DS Lite and given us real first-class screens/backlights, so I will be buying one as soon as I can get one. Only complaint I might have is if they haven't also fixed the color temperature of the screens, the ones I have seen of the original DS were way skewed to the blue side of the spectrum. With a much brighter screen, they shouldn't need to do that trick anymore to pump extra brightness out.

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'll record it...in person :p