DS Lite Wifi Help Required

Discussion in 'Games' started by DoogieWoogie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. DoogieWoogie macrumors member

I Need help setting up my ds lite to connect to my Airport Express.

I am asking you guys because you know everthing about Apple and also the official nintendo website is not all that helpful.

Thanks in advance

Dougs

Attached Files:

2. Gee macrumors 65816

How far do you get before you get stuck? What exactly is the problem?

If you're at the picture above, then you need to click 'Connection 1' and on the next screen click 'search for an access point'. Your airport network should be found automatically.

The official Nintendo site actually has very clear, very good instructions for this bit. Are you looking in the right place?

3. DoogieWoogie thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I didnt mean to post just that photo. I tried to post a whole series of them.

I get to where it automatically identifies my airport express (see photo), but when i run the connection test it comes up with an error code 51300 (unable to connect to an access point).

Attached Files:

4. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Make sure that your Airport Express is net up with WEP security...not WPA or WPA2 etc...They DS Lite is only compatible with WEP...Also, make sure that the router is not in 802.11 G only mode...

You can check this in the Airport Admin Assistant in the utilities folder...I believe it is on the first tab...

If this doesn't work, here is information from Nintendo about connectivity with the Airport Express router:

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/routerSelect.do?manufacturer=Apple&router=%2Frouters%2Fen%2FAirport_Express%2FAirport_Express.html

5. DoogieWoogie thread starter macrumors member

6. kinesin macrumors regular

Is airport using DHCP?

Any firewalls in the way between the DS & the internet - I believe you should get a different error message if this was the problem. Is there any way to see if the DS is been assigned an IP?
    If it is, then make sure ports 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920 are open and available inbound to your DS' IP address.

7. DoogieWoogie thread starter macrumors member

8. FirePak macrumors regular

I was having some issues with my router aswell, Wasnt an Airport but i just ended up buying the Wifi USB thing. If the mac is your only system tho i dont think it can run it. Hopefully you have a XP box around you can hook it up too.

9. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Make sure you're not filtering out MAC addresses - enable the router to allow all MAC addresses. If you have filtering turned on then that would also not allow the DS to connect.

10. JamSoft macrumors member

JamSoft

Possible Solution

I just purchased a DS Light a few days ago and was having the same problem trying to connect to my AirPort Express. I messed around for a bit and finally got it to work.

Connect to your AirPort Express using the AirPort Admin Utility:

A) Go to "Change Wireless Security" and change it to "WEP", also set the Encryption Type to "40 bit WEP"

B) Make sure your "Channel" is set to "Automatic"

C) Make sure "Mode" is set to "802.11b/g Compatible"

D) Go to "Wireless Options..." and make sure "Enable interference robustness" is unchecked.

After changing/verifying those I was finally able to connect to my AirPort Express using my DS Light's Wi-Fi.

Hope this helps!

11. Catfish Jones macrumors member

I feel your frustration. You may need to manually set up your DS Lite's connection in addition to the previous suggestions:

Go to manual set up in on your DS Lite and fill everything out by hand. This includes turning off automatic IP addresses and manually setting one for the DS. Also turn off automatic DNS and assign the primary DNS IP manually. Do not specify a secodary DNS, leave it blank. If that doesn't work, turn automatic DNS back on but leave everything else manual.

Valid IP ranges, gateway IP, DNS IP, etc can be found through your router's control panel.

12. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

i am having issues with the WEP keys (40bits) which is suppose to be 10 digits, if i disable WEP security I can connect for 3 minus then it lock up... 10 digits = numbers only no letters right? i am not sure why my connection drop after 3 mins in the middle of the game... 3 times in the row now... :(

13. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I know some of those questions have already been asked but I just want to double check those settings with you:

- - - - -

Screen 1:

In the "AirPort Admin Utility", in the "Airport" Tab (first tab): When you click on the "Wireless Options…"; is the "Multicast Rate" set to 2?

Screen 2:

When you enter your WEP password in your DS, do you use the 10 or 26 digit password shown when you click on the "Password" button of the AirPort Admin Utility header?

The Mode is set to either "802.11b/g Compatible" or "802.11b Only" right?

Screen 3:

Under the "Access Control" tab (Mac address filtering), the AirPort ID window is empty, right?

Screen 4:

In the "AirPort Admin Utility", in the "Airport" Tab (first tab): When you click on the "Change Wireless Security"; the top pull-down menu is set to "WEP", right?

- - - - -

If it still doesn'T work, we'll keep searching. Don't worry, we'll get you online.

Attached Files:

14. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

By the way. After the "Search for an Access Point" window. You'll either end up seing no network or one of those 3:

[​IMG]

Blue unlocked icon: This mean that your network is not protected. (Your not using WEP or WPA security). You should be able to connect without entering a password,

[​IMG]

Red locked icon: This means your network uses WEP security. You should be able to connect if you enter your 10 or 26 digit password. (See my previous post)

[​IMG]

Gray locked icon: This means tour network uses WPA security. There is no getting in with your DS. Change your network security to WEP.

15. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

except multicast rate = 11. everything is as instructed, now I am able to connected with WEP security but after 5 mins of playing, I will get disconned with error 94030... my FIREWALL is disabled and no anti-virus, any ideas, could it be the multicast rate?

16. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I think Multicast Rate = 11 is your problem. Lower it to 2. I'm pretty sure it will fix your issue. Here is Nintendo's explanation on the subject:

Also from Nintendo:

17. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

dude... i just looked in my Airport Admin Utility and my window looks nothing like any of the pictures u have goin'.

18. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Are you using OS 10.4?

We're talking "AirPort Admin Utility" and not "AirPort Management Utility" or "Airport Setup Assistant", right?

My version number for AirPort Admin Utility is 4.2.2

Even if you're using an older (or newer) it's an older version, all the same options should be there somewhere. Maybe in other tabs or behind some buttons.

Yuu got problems getting online too?

19. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i have 4.2.nothing after the first 2. here is what it looks like:

i'm running OS 10.4.7.

Attached Files:

20. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Ah. You first got to select your Airport Base Station form the list and click "Configure" to get to the set of screenshots I posted. For some reason, your base station is not listed in your window.

Is it running?

Attached Files:

21. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

should i get 4.2.2? where is it? :confused: i looked in software update on the site but can't find it.

22. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

How do you get to the connection screen on your ds?

23. kinesin macrumors regular

Load a Wifi enabled game: There will be a Nintendo WFC option, and in there the screens to configure the DS itself.

24. SLJ macrumors regular

SLJ

muti-cast was my drop-out issues, now i being connected for over 3 hours of non-stop mario kart and tetris... how or where do I get a friend code so that I could play with everyone here?

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Should be in the menus somewhere. On Tetris if you choose Wi-Fi, I think the second of the three buttons spits out your friend code IIRC.