DS Lite Wifi problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by GonzoRob, Aug 6, 2006.

1. GonzoRob macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

after hearing you guys bang on about the DS Lite for months I finally bought one with Metroid, M.Kart and Animal Crossing.
    Im trying to connect to multiplayer games using my macbook pro's wireless card.
    I followed the network sharing and made my Airport card into a router (with WEP enabled)
    All is good, the DS finds the network.. however , when 'testing the connection' it hangs.. finally saying

"Error Code 52100
    Connected to Access point but unable to connect to the server. Confirm connection settings and internet availablity"

I've checked a million times, its the right DNS, subnet,IP, etc etc .. still no joy !

Anyone else had this problem?

Any ideas for a solution ?
    Thanks

Rob

2. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Yep, it's a little tricky, but here's the instructions on how to do it:

Click on System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet

- On "Share your connections from" click from the list and choose "Built in Ethernet"

- On "to computers using" click on "Airport"

- Click on "Airport settings": call your network whatever you will and leave everything else blank
    (note: I would like to use WEP encryption, but I have not been able to find a way to get the actual WEP key. If anyone knows how to find this, please let me know and I will test it). Click ok and start internet sharing.

Turn off your firewall or leave ports 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, 443 open

Turn on your DS with a wifi compatible game. Click on "configure wifi" and enter the following information:

IP: 10.0.2.11
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway/other one: 10.0.2.1
    Primary DNS: 10.0.2.1
    Seconday: 10.0.2.11

Now click on test connection and it should work!

3. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

4. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I found that article on OSXhints to be rather misleading. The guy who wrote it didn't have a DS to test it and if you read the comments (and my own personal experience) it shows. It doesn't work! DarkNetworks, did it work for you?

In any case, I've tested the method I have written above and it works great.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

it worked exactly as I've said earlier. i checked through the Forums and there're some replies for this question as well but I followed the one in osxhints and it worked flawlessly. I'm on a router as well and I didn't forward any ports whatsoever. I duno about others but I got my Mario Kart running online in less than 10 minutes.

6. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

Huh, ok then! I know it didn't work for me and I had to change the IP, subnet, etc numbers.

7. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

8. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

you gotta configure your wiresless modem, i have a 2wire wireless router modem and it has that 801.11g/b thingy and you got to configure that, and also if you have a high speed connection, u got to set your max wireless speed to 1mb to 2mb, the ds wont accept anything higher than that, i found out when i was pushing 3mbs wireless out of my t1 connection, so lower ur wireless thingy...my 2wire was easy to configure, gateway.2wire.net , im pretty sure theres ways to configure your modem

9. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Do you think this would work with a dial-up connection or would that be too slow? The only way I could get high speed where I live is with satellite but I'm not paying that much for equipment, so for now I'm stuck on dial-up. I would love to be able to play Mario Kart online.

10. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I just tried this with my dial up at lunch and it worked. This is awesome. Now I can play Mario Kart online. It will tie up my phone line though.

I did have to change the dns though.