DS Lite..

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mac-Addict, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2006
    Just bought a DS Lite! I got the white one and Nintendogs Any good games to look out for? It seems really cool But I dont understand the whole wifi thing.. do you have to buy a add on or something?

2. Motley macrumors 6502

Dec 11, 2005
    I'll let others tell you about games. For the wifi to work (play games through the internet) you need to connect to a wireless network, usually through a wireless router. Actually it's similar to using the Wii, see this thread.
  3. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Just because I have 4 minutes to burn before Planet Earth finishes recording in EyeTV...

Kirby DS has a great new way to play classic platform style games. Very fun, worth checking out.
    Castlevania DS is a traditional platform game that pushes some kind of perfect-formula gameplay.
    Tetris DS is addictive as hell. if hell was addictive, it likely isn't.
    Tony Hawks DS is the first TH game I've played since the first game that has "the spark".
    Mario Kart DS is the best Mario Kart game going, I find.
    Animal Crossing is unusual but addictive.
    New Mario Bros is a new 2D Mario game, nuff said.
    Metroid Prime Hunters, though the game not being perfect is however is a perfect example of how to get precision FPS games without a mouse.
  4. ghall macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    Coming Tuesday:
    Final Fantasy III

Other Good Games:
    Super Mario 64 DS
    The New Super Mario Bros.
  5. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Advance Wars DS
    Mario Kart DS
    Tetris DS
    Trauma Center:Under the Knief
  6. emotion macrumors 68040

Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK

Is there a release date for this in the UK?
  7. ghall macrumors 68040

Jun 27, 2006
    Rhode Island
    No idea. I just checked Amazon UK and I didn't see anything, so I presume you already checked there.
  8. emotion macrumors 68040

Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Yeah I checked there, I think the US release is the 14th of this month.
  9. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    I just bought Touch Detectives and I am finding it to be a pretty fun game.
  10. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    Fullerton, California
    nintendogs suck
    i had one, and its just like a virtual pet but slightly advanced, for me that game is a waste of time but it might be good for younger audiences, i have mario kart ds , metroid prime hunters, tetris ds, sonic rush, and nsmbs. all of them are superb games that are fun no matter what, especially taking mario kart ds online or any of the wifi games online.

good investment, get mario kart online or tetris those are games u just cant get tired of, or at least i cant. ;) :cool:
  11. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I dunno if I'd call it unusual, but I would say it's unusually addictive. :p
  12. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    indeed! I get bored eventually, but I play for bursts in each season. Mad seeing the virtual world change seasons along side the real world, complete with different insects, fish, everything. I can't wait to see a Wii version of it :)
  13. vanzskater272 macrumors regular

Aug 10, 2006
    You have to get animal crossing wild world. It's one of the best games for any system.
  14. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Dec 10, 2002
    You do not need a wireless router if you want to play other people if they are nearby... the DS lite will connect directly without needing the router.
  15. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

Aug 8, 2004
    America's Wang
    Here is a list of all of the games that I think are worth getting. No doubt there are a few that are good that I left off like Kirby and Nintendogs but that is just personal taste. Any of these will be great games depending on what you like. I personally recommend anything Mario or Zelda and Trauma Center if you want a super challenging game that uses the touch screen. The ones that I own say (own) in parenthesis next to them. I've played all of the others that are out though.

My favorite games for DS:
    New Super Mario Bros. (own)
    Mario Kart (own)
    Trauma Center (own)
    Phoenix Wright (own)
    Brain Age (Especially the Soduko...they could make a whole game of that) (own)

Good looking upcoming titles:
    Final Fantasy III
    Yoshi's Island 2
    Zelda Phantom Hourglass
    The Settlers?

My Favorite GBA Games:
    Zelda: Minish Cap (own)
    Zelda A Link to the Past
    Super Mario 3/Advance 4
    Super Mario World/Advance 2
    Yoshi's Island/Advance 3
    Shining Force (own)
    Final Fantasy Tactics (own)
    Golden Sun 1 & 2
    Final Fantasy 1&2, 4, 5 & 6 (soon)
    River City Ransom (own)

Also Worth Considering:
    Metroid Prime Hunters (own)
    Advance Wars DS (own)
    Castlevania DS
    Tetris DS (own)
    Animal Crossing (own)
    Elite Beat Agents
    Star Fox DS
    Mega Man ZX
  16. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

Mar 22, 2006
    If you have Animal Crossing DS, make sure you log onto Nintendo WFC between the 17th and 24th of November, so you can get a free Zelda: Twilight Princess gift in the post from Nintendo.
  17. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Mint! I will certainly be on then. AC is so good :)
  18. tjwett macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    WiFi requires a WiFi enabled game. This can be as simple as a few people with DS's in a room or online play over the Nintendo WiFi network. Compatible games will say so on the box, and you can visit nintendowifi.com for more info. As for software, here is my list of "must-haves"...

-Animal Crossing: Wild World
    -Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    -Trauma Center: Under the Knife
    -Metroid Prime: Hunters
    -Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    -DS Web Browser

I'd like to recommend New Super Mario Bros but I'm not big into platformers (as you can see, I like the weirdo games) and although I do have it, it doesn't get a lot of play from me.
  19. andriella macrumors member

Jun 3, 2006
    Ontario, Canada