[DS] Touch Detectives

Discussion in 'Games' started by eva01, Nov 15, 2006.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Anyone else here have this game. I picked it up on a whim at EB on sunday. It is actually a fun game, I chose it over Elite Beat Agents randomly.

Basically you are a young female detective that has to solve mysteries. The first one has to do with a Dream Stealer and the second has to do with a Disappearance in town.

I actually really enjoy this game, I am on the second mystery right now. And it isn't a fast game either, it takes a while on each mystery so far.

Just wondering what everyone else thinks of it.

2. platypus63 macrumors regular

I bought this game on Saturday. I went in the store not knowing what to get, and decided to walk out with Touch Detectives, because one of the kids working in the store said it was supposed to be a good adventure game. I enjoy adventure games quite a alot, big fan of the Monkey Island series. Anyway I just beat this game on tuesday, and I've gotta say... meh.

The presentation of it was great, the situations were humorous and all that. But the game play i think is flawed. Pretty much to solve every single puzzle you have to talk to every single person. There are instances when you think you know what you have to do to solve the puzzle and you have all the necessary items, but you aren't allowed to use them until you finish talking to everybody. So what ends up happening is that I felt like i had no control over the game, since what I figured out was pointless since things would unfold as I talked to every character anyways. So I think the game is only halfway there.

Even though the game play frustrated me, I still found it pretty entertaining. My quest for good DS adventure games goes on (Phoenix Wright is shipping from Amazon soon)

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

Don't own phoenix wright unfortunately, but I have to say no because Phoenix Wright is supposed to be great, and Touch Detectives isn't great, it is good.

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Been interested in this as well. I love Phoenix Wright and thought this might be of a similar vibe. It hasn't gotten great reviews though, with most saying that the presentation is great but solving the cases is so unintuitive and doesn't really lead you anywhere. I read one that said it was basically just a blind guessing game to figure some things out. I still might give it a swing, I really like the way it looks.